I miss my friend...already

makeithappen

makeithappen

Hello all,

I hosted a friend for a few days recently, but ever since she left, I feel sad. I also feel ashamed at myself for not having hosted her properly. I bought mattress, cushion etc for her, but not a duvet. So I slept with a duvet and gave her a camping duvet (very light). Since my room gets hot, I cannot sleep without the windows open. So I insisted on opening it every night. It only occurred to me afterwards why she did not want to: bc the duvet was too light and she was probably cold. I gave her the duvet on the last day when she actually told me she was cold. I also made an insensitive comment (we were cooking and she opened something with her mouth which she then wanted us to consume, but I refused bc the ingredient had touched her mouth). Lastly, she was helping me cook and kept asking me where every ingredient was... I told her and after a while, I got irritated (I hate to be asked too many questions when I'm really tired). She got upset at my irritated behaviour and I apologised once I realised what I had done.

When she was leaving, I did not see any feeling of sadness at leaving. She just thanked me. I then texted her to apologise for my behaviour and she replied saying there was absolutely nothing to feel bad about and that I hosted her well.

But now that she's back home, I feel like she's not as excited to speak to me. I miss the chats and calls we used to have. I just feel like she might become more distant. I'm so upset.

Sounds like you did the best you could. I wouldn't worry about that. But now you at least know this isn't anyone you'd want to live with because you'd find it irritating.