I know my friend will end up getting hurt...should i tell him? and how?

SmilingMartin

SmilingMartin

One of my best friend is having this relationship with a girl...its not the boyfriend/girlfriend type of relationship but it is a screwed up one. They both like each other a lot but they decided not to date each other which is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. They told each other that there is no chance of them dating ever but still they hang out everynight and it is like they are dating

They have out everynight alone and the girl keeps on calling my best friend, which irritates the crap out of me because she is leading him on and its pissing me off. Ive been in this exact same relationship before and it got me nowhere. All it got me was a broken heart that is still not repaired.

I wanna talk to him about but im afraid he might think im jealous or something. Ive told him before that he will end up liking her more and if she hangs out with other guys (which she does) it will only drive he crazy and make him jealous. I know its none of my business but i dont want my best friend to go through what i did. I am 100% sure that my best friend will end up getting hurt. And right now i despise the girl he is with for what she is doing.

What should i do about it, i know i should talk to him about it, but how do i approach him about?

Any suggestions?

I would say bring up your conserns once and once only. Your friend has to learn the hard way like I did. I was in the same situation as him, but the friend with benefits treated me badly. My best friend brought up her concerns more then I wanted to hear. I grew to resent her because she wouldn't mind her own business and her concerns. Of course I learned my lesson, but the more my friend mettled the more I didn't want to be around her.

not accusing, but is it possible that maybe you are the slightest bit jealous?

i know you are concerned for your friend, but he is obviously aware of the consequences if he agreed to this arrangement with the other girl.

it seems like you have more of a problem with this particular girl, or you don't like the attention it is taking away from you...

good luck, i hope it works out.

Originally posted by SmilingMartin

What should i do about it, i know i should talk to him about it, but how do i approach him about?

Any suggestions?

Do NOTHING. Your friend will learn a valuable lesson from this experience.

• Author
SmilingMartin
Originally posted by GirlDown

not accusing, but is it possible that maybe you are the slightest bit jealous?

i know you are concerned for your friend, but he is obviously aware of the consequences if he agreed to this arrangement with the other girl.

it seems like you have more of a problem with this particular girl, or you don't like the attention it is taking away from you...

good luck, i hope it works out.

I might be a bit jealous but what human being wouldnt be? And this girl that he is with or whatever u call their relationship, is just leading him on. Shes told people that she would never want to lead a guy on, but thats exactly what shes doing. Especially when they are acting like they are going out but they are not/

I am very concerned for my friend who is 19, because this is the first time in his whole life he has fallen for a girl. This is also the first time he has gotten this close to a girl. But its the wrong one

I just do not want my friend to go through what i did, 2 months has passed and theres not one night i dont think about the girl i "was" more than friends with.

• Author
SmilingMartin

Well the topic was sorta brought up last night and he said

"I dont know whats happening between us, but whatever it is....im liking it a lot"

Should i just stop trying right there? and let him learn the hard way?

i would let him know your concerns, but make it clear that it is just an obeservation....nothing worse than having a buddy blame you for bad advice and a sucky love life!

i agree with alpha, in that it is something best learned when experienced first hand. Yes it will hurt, but that is how you learn...otherwise it is just people telling you what to do.