Why am I the only one keeping in touch?

There's a girl who I've been friends with for years now. But I've noticed over the past year, I've been the only one keeping in touch. She's only reached out to make plans with me 3 times in one year. I usually reach out to her once every 2-3 weeks. Normally I would get the hint if she was busy etc, but literally every time I reach out to invite her somewhere, she comes out. She never cancels.

Not only that, but she's constantly stating how we don't hang out enough and that we should hang out more. But then she'll never follow up and make plans with me. But if I reach out, she'll say something like "omg! I was just thinking about you! We gotta hang out!"

The last time I spoke to her was 6 weeks ago. I invited her to a party. But ever since then, I haven't heard from her. She'll be on instagram and post pictures of her going out...yet she won't invite me. So yeah, its a little weird.

I'd love to know what you guys think? Any thoughts are appreciated :)

WonderWoman911

I have a friend who is similar. I would always text/call to check on her, see how's she doing etc., but it was never reciprocated. So one day I decided to stop calling and allow her to reach out to me. She must've got the hint which resulted in her now reaching out more and more. I just decided to leave the situation alone. If I hear from her, fine. If not, fine. Communication is a two way street.