How can I 'try' to be a better friend here?

ToastedHat

Hey guys, I've been around this site more often than I'm willing to admit, but I'm looking for help here that's to do about someone other than my ex.

Anyhow, I know this girl, to cut this long backstory short I'm looking to get closer to her personally, be a close friend, we can't meet up in person unless there's more of a reason to do so, so most of my contact really has to be done online only.

We did get pretty close over the Christmas period and organised to meetup, due to some complications like I had a cold and she was behind on her revision, we decided to just organise it another time that's going to work best for us both, around that time we started to drift so it was just quietly forgotten about.

Lately hasn't been so different, she went cold turkey around last Friday because of problems which we've only talked just once for about 3 minutes since then, I'm just looking for some direction to work with here.

So what you really want to do is not be her friend, exactly, but you're looking for ways to go on a date with her, take it up a notch and get serious?

I'd fall off her radar for a week or two.

Seriously, don't contact her at all.

If she misses you, she will try to engage with you and establish contact. Then you can make fixed plans.

if you hear absolutely nothing at all from her over a 10-day period - then she is not into you.

And you'll understand why 'life' kept getting in the way.

Because she let it.

• Like 1
whichwayisup

Those who are 'interested' make the effort and want to spend time with the person.

Just go about your life, keep busy and hope that she makes an effort to reconnect.