Did my husband make a mistake or not?!?!?!?! Help!

retro80zkids

Did my husband make a mistake or not?!?!?!?! Help!

Ok so my husband and I went to my companys christmas party last night. He is a very straight forward person but I think the beers helped. I had told him about a few people at work that were....icky to say the least. They are pot smokers (which is there business but I dont want to hang with them) and they tend to be kind of freaky with each other and other peoples spouses. So after the party a bunch of them were going out to another bar. They had asked me if we wanted to go and I nicely said no and that we were tired and going home. Well, we had to go back into the party because my husband left his coat. While I was looking for it one of my co workers came up to my husband and asked if we wanted to go out. (she didnt realize I had already been asked.) my husband, being the straight forward kind of guy he is asks her if she smokes pot. She tells him yes. He says, well my wife doesnt think we should associate or be around that kind of situation and especially because of his job (hes in law enforcement) and says "I am backing her up but if you want to ask her its up to her." So my co worker asks me again and I say no again. NOW, I am embarrassed! I told him about there use of pot in confidence!!! Not for him to say something to ANYONE about.

First of all, should I be embarrassed and secondly, did he make a mistake????

innocntlisy1981

that is to straight forward!!!he should think before he speaks.and yes he made a mistake dosent he realise that u have to work with thse people and get along with thme to make work a happy environment.sorry i would be angry men are so stupis sumtimes just dont think.

I quite frankly think it was fine. If that is how both of you feel, where is the harm in saying it.

If she keeps blowing off her colleagues, they will think she's a snob or doesn't like them.

Now they know and understand why she says no. It was handled quite tactfully, IMO. It was not preaching or anything.

If you feel so strongly about it - why is it so bad that they know?

That is hilarious. Ok, yes it was wrong for him to use something you told him in confidence. And you can tell your husband you don't know if you can reveal anything about your coworkers or friends anymore. But I would not make too big of a deal about it. It's something you should be able to laugh about in future.