ending a friendship

makeithappen

makeithappen

Dear all,

so I contacted a former friend to speak to them and let them know that since things got bad between us (we had stopped talking to each other), i preferred not to remain friends with them anymore. It sounds harsh, but I could not bring myself to pretend everything was ok and fake a greeting/smile when all along I have been mad at this person. They were annoyed that I invited them over to tell them this, and stormed out of the room.

I understand the reaction, but they had made it clear in the conversation that they had realised that our friendship got damaged but did not really care (nice!). I felt I had to be clear and explain why and also make sure they would know why I would no longer even greet them. They had actually thought I called to make things better.

I am not sure how to feel about this. i wanted some closure, but perhaps it was a bit insensitive?

whichwayisup

Why were you expecting 'closure' from that so called (ex) friend? What did you think would be said? To help you feel better by ending it?

What's done is done, though it would probably would have been easier to just keep the distance and let things die a natural death instead of officially ending things.