Anyone ever regret losing a friend?

I ran into an old friend I let go of the other day...we didn't speak, but I realized how much I regretted letting her go a couple of years ago. She was kind of a free spirit, wild, a party girl (i'm the exact opposite) but she has your back. The best way to describe her was she was a nice bitch lol.

But yeah I was supposed to room with her and a few other people who were my friends and not hers. She kept playing games (not responding to their questions (only mine), not agreeing to anything we suggested, stuff like that) with the other two would be roommates, and I remember not liking how she was treating them. I always felt frustrated that she would randomly be rude to people like that, and i'd get associated with her (except she had a way of getting away with it, and I don't). Her morals were also kind of questionale lol, she would use guys for rides and dinner, ditch people when they annoyed her, puke in people's beds and then leave. Nothing toooo bad like stealing, but nothing i'd ever do. That, plus that was the time where I stopped partying as much because I wanted to raise my grades, and I felt like in order to maintain a friendship with her you kind of have to party with her, and I felt like I needed to surround myself with studious people in order to make something of myself. So thats what I did, and it worked, my grades are amazing now.

But running into her last night made me kind of regret letting her go. A lot of my friends she was rude to...now I understand why she maybe didn't like them because i've come to find that they are very calculative (not in a bad way, but they definitely only look out for themselves and she was only friends with people capable of having your back). She was insane, unpredictable, kind of bitchy (in a funny nice way), high maintenance, a party girl, but that chick was real as hell and fun and it was awesome being best friends with her. All my life i'd been a nerd, but that was the first time in my life where I felt cool. I know its over, and there is no going back now. But sometimes I wonder if I should have tried harder to balance being her friend and getting good grades first before telling her I wouldn't live with her and letting her go.

Ah well, it doesn't matter now. Anyone else let go of a friend and ended up regretting it years later?

Edited by La Trese

I've had no regrets. There was always a good reason if I dumped someone. You did what you felt was best for you at the time. Who's to say you can't have another friendship of some type with her. Maybe she's one of those friends you just invite to parties (or not with her puking and not cleaning it up) but don't get too embroiled with on a daily basis.

Yes.

regrets- certainly, as they carry many fond memories.

Reality- They are better off with their life choices...and so it goes.

whichwayisup
The best way to describe her was she was a nice bitch lol.

Don't regret. She wasn't a 'great or nice' person in general, she played games and she was cruel to some people.

sportygirl89

I had a girl like that was my best friend. She always had to be center of attention and if it was not she would cut you as a friend. I got sick and she got jealous of the attention I was getting. This is the girl who I was there for during her cancer scare. I just let go our other friend a few months ago. I felt like I had to limit what I talk about. This other friend also said I wasn't asking enough me questions. She wasn't asking me any me questions either. I dropped her and since then I've not had any drama with them out of my life. Maybe with guys but other than that no.