Why does she have a ring on her wedding finger!?

My friend took off her gloves and I saw a ring on her finger.........SHES 16 YEARS OLD (going on 17)!! And it didnt look like a class ring. The thing is Ive seen her with her bf and they didnt look close at all and Im assuming shes been dating him for 2 months cause she went to homecoming in Sep. with another guy. Is she just stupid and thinks thats where your rings go? Cause ive accually seen people where their class rings on that finger. Btw she told me a guy told her he loved her and she never talked to him again.... So I doubt shes getting married. Does anyone put rings on their wedding finger when theyre not getting married? Very confused here.

OMG your too funny. I wear rings on my wedding finger all the time. It doesn't mean anything.

When your getting married then you wear the engagement ring and then wedding ring on that finger. But until then theres no problem wearing a ring there. :)

I call it practice ;)

I do that all the time. I wear rings on most of my fingers. I don't think it's a big deal. Yes, that is considered your wedding ring finger, but that doesn't mean that it's exclusively meant for a wedding ring.

I wore rings on my ring finger all the time and actually had to *conveniently stop* before my fiance asked me to marry him. You can't have another ring on that finger when he pops the question, ya know?!

Ask her. Maybe she's clueless. :o

~p.s.~ Diamond usually = engagement. And then a band for wedding band. :p

I would think that since you two are friends that she would tell you that she was getting married, if she was. I know if I was getting married I would be excited to tell all of my friends.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. :)

HokeyReligions

I buy my own jewelry -- including the stuff my husband gives me! Not pointless at all!

Just ask her!! :D

I also don't always wear my wedding ring -- sometimes I'll wear other rings on that finger, and I've always done that---including when I was in school.

Maybe it's a friendship or promise ring that was given to her. Maybe she just likes the ring and wants to wear it!

I used to wear my grandmothers diamond engagement ring when I was in school---it was special to me. Sometimes I wore it on my left hand and sometimes on my right hand. I didn't care about the symbolism or if anyone would see it and think I was engaged or married. I just looked at it and saw my grandmother.

Ask HER! :bunny::D

Now I'm curious too. ;)

sometimes i wear a ring on that finger when i'm out with my boyfriend so if i get hit on i can say "sorry, i'm taken"

it's come in handy lots of times.

it is a ring from my boyfriend, but that's irrelevant. we are not engaged. i've done it before with my own rings, anyway.

it's a good finger for a ring, that's all.

how about you try saying "what's that ring"

There is no rule that you can only put your wedding ring there or an engagement ring for that matter!!! I have been wearing my mom's wedding ring on there since I was 12 because it fits there. If someone wants to know if I am married they can ask instead of assuming. You should ask, but I doubt that she's married!!!

• Author

I was just wondering if girls put rings on that finger, Im not gonna ask her about it. Thats gonna be so weird if my friend notices her wearing it cause he always says " You guys act like youre married!" He might think we are......

Supposedly, it's the finger least likely to be in harm's way when you're doing stuff so your rings are safer there - I guess unless you're left-handed. I used to wear an amethyst that my mom gave me on my right fourth finger and, one day when I was doing something fairly innocent (as in not factory work or anything like that), it got caught and the shank ripped in half! I got quite the bruise, too. So now my rings live on the wedding ring finger and if some fellow is interested enough, he should have the cojones to ask :p

Back in the day, when I had my class ring, that was the finger I wore it on.