How do you know if friendhip has run its course?

Hi!

I was wondering how do you know when a friendship has run its course? What I mean by that is how do you know when to go your separate ways? or to preserver through tough patches.

I understand each friendship is unique and has its own way of being, so I was looking for any particular signs that the friendship is finished or it is just going through a phase.

Thanks!

I'd say it's when you just stop contacting each other or have nothing to talk about or when you just don't enjoy the person anymore.

Personally, if I stop enjoying their company. I do admit that I'm quite picky so I don't have a huge bunch of friends, just four whom I do things with separately since they are not necessarily friends with each other. At this stage of my life I want positive people in my life not complainers who will bring me down.

Hi!

I was wondering how do you know when a friendship has run its course? What I mean by that is how do you know when to go your separate ways? or to preserver through tough patches.

I understand each friendship is unique and has its own way of being, so I was looking for any particular signs that the friendship is finished or it is just going through a phase.

Thanks!

When the person relocates or gets married

Personally, if I stop enjoying their company. I do admit that I'm quite picky so I don't have a huge bunch of friends, just four whom I do things with separately since they are not necessarily friends with each other. At this stage of my life I want positive people in my life not complainers who will bring me down.

Especially when the complainer has a better life than you lol I have a female friend who

makes a nice salary

has a nice car

in a relationship

lives in a wonderful neighborhood

healthy

And still finds a reason to moan about needing MORE MONEY

I cut off contact from her like 3 different times in the past 10 years because she was getting on my nerves. The complaining is not as bad as it was 10 years ago so she has matured a little.

People come into our lives for a reason, some for a day, some for a season, and some for a lifetime.

There are some people we gain friendships with, and as time passes we might not talk or see them as much as we'd like to, but when we do meet up and talk, we pick up right where we left off, we love each other as much ever and would do anything for one another (within reason) if called out of the blue for assistance. Those friendships are rare as precious jewels and should be treated as such.

If you have to ask whether or not a friendship is worth salvaging, then it has probably already run its course. It's not necessary to cut ties with them but there is a big difference between friends and acquaintances.

• Like 1
disneyfan90

When you don't feel like talking to them or spending time with them anymore, when it's clear that they don't want to talk to/spend time with you, when they don't answer any of your calls or messages, when they spread rumors about you, talk behind your back, and other things that friends don't usually do. Things like that.

I've had a best friend for 10 years. She was my other half. It was as though we were literally joined at the hip. If I ever went anywhere or did anything fun, I'd never go without her. We would call each other all the time to seek advice, talk about problems, inform the other about good/bad news, and things like that. If there was any one person in this world who knew all my secrets, it was her. About a month ago, both of us just stopped contacting each other. Completely out of the blue. I started to grow tired of her company and I could tell she was feeling the same way. She's also moving to the other side of the country in a month, so it's hard to tell if we'll ever be close the way we used to be, but it seems as though neither of us really cares. The thing is, you'll definitely know if the friendship has run its course.

Frank2thepoint

Lack of contact and initiative on the part of the friend(s) is a strong indicator that a friendship isn't salvageable. If you are making the effort the keep in touch, make plans, invite the person(s), and they don't do any of that, then sadly you are wasting your time. I've had this happen to me. I've cut my losses.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A friendship has run its course when even the most trivial things can come between you or make you upset with one another.

• Like 1
sportygirl89

I decided to stopping this girl who was part of my besties group. The head best friend ended contact a couple years no warning or even letting me talk to her in person. At this time I was sick. I had just been there for her when she was sick. In feb or march this year I asked our other friend what I could to do make things better between the girl. She went off on me saying you all decided on it a couple years ago (I never wanted to stop being friends). But whenever I would try asking even how she is doing since she moved away our friend would blow up as if she was jealous and could only have one best friend. Needlesss to say after she blew up at me with the you guys decided on things a couple years ago I ended things. Too much drama. I would rather be alone then with fake people. I'll never be alone alone since I have my dog :)