A crazy guy or a crazy girl

So a guy friend James, brought a new guy around into our group. This guy, Alex, seemed nice enough, but I never got to know him. One night Alex was hitting on this girl I go to school with. It was strange, but I didn't really know her that well either, so it didn't bother me. This girl, Amelia, was very nice and I figured maybe she and I could end up being somewhat friends.

I guess this guy Alex starting pursuing Amelia and ended up being super clingy and overwhelming. He creeped her out with his pursuit of her. All the while I made plans with coffee and I was just happy to make a new friend. Amelia mentioned some of the creepy things Alex did because he liked her. Amelia tried to let him down easy and wanted to just be friends with him, but he got super mad and spiteful. He started posting mean things about her on social media. My opinion is that no matter what you think of a person, bad or not, you shouldn't be posting nasty stuff about them in public like that. It was very immature.

I still didn't know him well enough to think anything of it. I try to judge people for myself and neither Alex or Amelia had done anything to me personally. I started to get to know Amelia more, and found she was very nice. She was girly like me and liked to have girl movies nights and I didn't find anything wrong.

My friend James, a mutual friend of Alex and I, invited me to come to his big birthday bash. I got really excited. Today however, Alex sent me random private messages asking me about my relationship with Amelia. He then was telling me how if I am close friends with her, then I really shouldn't be going to James' birthday party. I was so angry. He was trying to practically dis-invite me to the party. It takes a lot for me to get angry, but this did. He was pretty much interrogating me about our friendship. I told him I did not know her super well, which was true, we weren't that close. I also told him how I am free to speak and be friends with whomever I want and who was he to question me about my association with anyone. I accused him of being rude and that I was invited by James, not him. We argued back and forth. I told him that she and I went to school together and I talked to a lot of people form there. He was rude and told me "I don't give a f*** who you talk to." I accused him of caring too much about my association with her. He clearly did since he was asking me about it. But then he contradicts saying he doesn't care who I talk to. Well, he cares that I talk to Amelia.

But it eventually fizzled out and I gave up as did he. We then talked about some menial things about school and movies. He then had the audacity to ask me to go see a movie with him as friends. After you treated me like a jerk? I was all nice at this point wanting to avoid further drama. I think this is super strange and very inappropriate. What are people's opinions?

If not, you may want to take time to find a reputable therapist and invest in yourself. You have a lot of angst and are easily offended.

You stated in a previous thread that you had a crush on James until you hung out with him long enough to learn he was immature. Then when James made a comment about your cousin, who you said you had always been second fiddle to and had struggled your whole life competing with, you felt insulted because of his rude actions. Today, you are saying you got super excited because he invited you to his b-day bash...yesterday, you were mad, insulted and accused him of being rude. That's quite a turn of events in one day's time.

Initially you spoke nicely of your cousin, but when fellow members pointed out that you harbor resentment because of her mother's actions, you became defensive and named several ways in which you are better than your cousin, which throwed the blame back to her rather than her mother.

Now, you are angry because Alex was rude.

You say you aren't easily angered, but your posts say otherwise and talking to a therapist would probably help you get to the root of WHY you are easily angered and feel people are rude toward you. I wish you the best.

Edited by Methodical