I haven't changed just because I had a child

I made new mum friends last year. But I'm sick and tired of making the effort and it going no where. One of them has turned back to drugs. And the closest friend seems to have dumped me for friends who live geographically closer to her.

tobrieornottobrie

That's really tough : / Do you have any other support where you live, such as family that's nearby? Have you tried finding any mommy play groups that are in your area? What about a mommy and me workout class? Just some suggestions, I hope that it gets better for you!!

the brie's cheese knees

todreaminblue

Part of having friends is making that effort, i like friendships that happen naturally i still have to make an effort though....to get out of my shell...what i do know from experience is that friends come and go......some friends stay in your life for a lifetime but most walk along the path for you for a while and then move on.....they are no lesser friends for that reason.......

always be open to friendships,and whom god places in your path and if you follow your heart you will know who is going to be a friend to you and who is not......enjoy any friendship while you have that friendship....make an effort....to be a true friend....you have to know what its like to have none.....i have loads of friends........the fact though is.......i dont know if they consider me a friend..i dont ask them and have no desire to ask that question ......are you my friend......i just know in all that i am...i am a friend to them......and i find happiness.....in the fact i can be a friend to people...and i find joy in the fact the true friends i have......no matter how long it is before i see them...our friendship never changes......they will be my friends for life......this circle is limited and small.....

this friend you have who has turned back to drugs.....do you know what is going on in her life...friendship shouldnt be judgemental.....deb