Sudden change of mood

Greetings to everyone, i havent written on LS for ages.

I have a interesting problem regarding friendship and i would like to discuss.

I live in Europe; i wont say which country cause its not important. Im studying sculpture at Art university and im finishing my last year for a master degree.

Last year a girl transferred from other art school to our university so she can get master degree at sculpture. I havent talked with her much other then occasionally saying ,,hi'' when passing by her or maybe some little chat about art or something unimportant. But this winter she started hanging out with me more and gradually we became like friends - colleagues. We were talking on daily basis and even talking on the phone for 1 - 2 hours at the time. Most of our conversation was gossip cause she really only wanted to talk about someone else being a jerk or who wronged her.

She even transferred to our professor so she is now in the same class with me and my buddies, working on her projects. She then got sick by the flu and was absent for a week. After that, when she came back, she didnt want to speak with us anymore; like completely ignoring us.

It gets more interesting. I just found out she doesnt speak with at least half of university students in the sculpture department cause she somehow managed to get on bad terms with them. Also i recently heard stories of her misconduct in her previous art school. She wasnt liked there either. All the time she claims it was everyone elses fault.

Im a little angry and sad cause i have to see her almost every day in the same room and she is ignoring me and most of my colleagues. I also helped her a lot with everything she needed cause she was new at our university and she needed a little time to adapt. She is just creating a bad atmosphere where there is no reason for it to be in the first place.

Anyone has any advice? Is she just some kind of psycho? Or maybe she is just craving attention so she makes these kind of problems? Anyone had experiences like this in life?

I have certainly not experienced anything extreme like that .

I am not sure what her problem is but I'm sure It doesn't have anything to do with you.It's probably deeply rooted.

You also had red flags with the whole gossiping and stuff,so maybe you're better off without that energy ?

You could also try talking to her without argument,just ask her what's going on OR just let it go and learn from it.It's not the end of the world ;

Also,I'd stop right know worrying,checking her background ,reputation or anything.Y

• Author

Yeah, ive tried talking to her, i called her several times on the phone during the weekend, she just set her phone on the voice mail and didnt reply afterwards. So theres that.

Thx for the advice, anyway.

Ooooh !!!Maybe you can send her an email too .

Let me ask you a question

What do you really want ?What do you expect ?dp you want to repair things ?

• Author

Well, i guess i just wanted a normal and formal relationship. There is no need to ignore someone when youre a close colleague to him.