Have you ever wanted to talk to someone totally random?

disneyfan90

disneyfan90

When I was surfing the internet, I saw a post written by this guy. I loved the article, so I checked out the rest of his blog and I enjoyed all the articles he had written. I showed the articles to a friend of mine, and oddly enough, she told me that the guy is a mutual friend between her and another one of her friends.

It's weird, but by reading the guy's blog, I thought he was so cool lol and ever since then, I had a very strange desire to message him. It was definitely not romantic interest (after all, I've never even met him), but I thought he'd be someone I could have some pretty interesting conversations with--some of the things he had written are things that have always intrigued me.

Of course, I'd never message him cause he lives in a different state, and I'd probably never get to meet him. Have you ever been in a situation where you found a totally random person online and just felt like you had to talk to them?

AbhorredBeard

I reach out to random people to chat from time to time. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as you're being realistic about it. I certainly don't pick who I talk to based on whether or not I may be able to meet up with them. That seems a little weird to me but that's just my opinion.

• Like 3

Yeah, random people can be way fun!

I've met some of my best Net friends ever because they added me or I added them. and we were all random at first. Now ....Best friends.

Some on fb only talk with those they actually met in real life. But not me. But most random folks are just ordinary common shmucks like us. So yeah, I do sometimes like random peeplets.

I'd say if you liked his blog, write him a note, introduce yourself and where you're from, say you came across his blog read it and you loved it! Tell him what you loved and why. Maybe get into a conversation with him about themes he talks about in his blog. People who create pretty things love to hear that positive comments on their work and how it influenced the reader, even. write him. I see no reason why you shouldn't. Even if you don`t get to meet him, you can still write. We have the Internet and many ways to keep contact now.

I did that in summer 2014. When I was doing my degree with russian language literature and history, I used books to write essays on Russian history. Some are from a well world famous Russia historian. I finished in 2010 my degree. But in the back of my mind, I wished I could write him cause I love his work. So in 2014 summer I found his email and wrote him a short note telling who I was where I lived and that his work influenced me as a university student and how it did.

He was very grateful for me note write me back and - although I never asked him for anything, I had no ulterior motive, I just wanted to tell this world renowned historian how he influenced me and that I loved his work and he is my fave historian - he asked me for my snail mail address so he could send me his fave book that he wrote. I got it and - I still write him at times today.

Sometimes you never know where writing a random person may lead you.

as Abhorred said, be sincere and pure of heart when you write him. But from your post here, I already believe you are sincere in your love for his work.

Edited by Blade96
  • Like 2
  • Author
disneyfan90
Yeah, random people can be way fun!

I've met some of my best Net friends ever because they added me or I added them. and we were all random at first. Now ....Best friends.

Some on fb only talk with those they actually met in real life. But not me. But most random folks are just ordinary common shmucks like us. So yeah, I do sometimes like random peeplets.

I'd say if you liked his blog, write him a note, introduce yourself and where you're from, say you came across his blog read it and you loved it! Tell him what you loved and why. Maybe get into a conversation with him about themes he talks about in his blog. People who create pretty things love to hear that positive comments on their work and how it influenced the reader, even. write him. I see no reason why you shouldn't. Even if you don`t get to meet him, you can still write. We have the Internet and many ways to keep contact now.

I did that in summer 2014. When I was doing my degree with russian language literature and history, I used books to write essays on Russian history. Some are from a well world famous Russia historian. I finished in 2010 my degree. But in the back of my mind, I wished I could write him cause I love his work. So in 2014 summer I found his email and wrote him a short note telling who I was where I lived and that his work influenced me as a university student and how it did.

He was very grateful for me note write me back and - although I never asked him for anything, I had no ulterior motive, I just wanted to tell this world renowned historian how he influenced me and that I loved his work and he is my fave historian - he asked me for my snail mail address so he could send me his fave book that he wrote. I got it and - I still write him at times today.

Sometimes you never know where writing a random person may lead you.

as Abhorred said, be sincere and pure of heart when you write him. But from your post here, I already believe you are sincere in your love for his work.

Thank you! I'm definitely going to message him now :) That's really cool that you wrote to a Russian historian.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

I am wary about adding randoms on facebook...i chat to anyone who wants to chat to me on forums i have been on i have made close friends over the years...as another poster said i dont chat with the provisor i will meet them i chat because i am interested in them......

i developed a close emotional bond with a man over a forum we both were into, I was in a relationship at the time......so i cut contact......completely...and i am hesitant to form such a bond again because i hurt the guy i formed a bond with.....even though i am single now i still dont actually like forming an intimate bond with guys i have never met...i learned my lesson.........i dont however mind chatting and forming online friendships if they are simply that.....deb

I've done that mostly on Twitter because I'm not on Facebook. And before internet, I would write an author or someone like that if i was interested in their work. For instance, one man that just totally intrigued me was a police chief who had written great books on protection and stalking -- and then also wrote his own autobiographical story about past life regression. My own interests are so divergent that I can never have friends who like the same polar opposite things as I do, so I felt I just had to reach out to him and tell him how much I appreciated his work and his past-life story. It was just a handful of emails, but I felt really driven to do it.

I had a kinship feeling with one celebrity on tv because he too hit a few of the interests I had and he followed my blog for awhile when he was travelling. He didn't say so (security people don't encourage talking to fans at all), but I check my IP addresses and I knew someone from his studio (probably security) was coming on there, but then when he left to go on tour, I kept seeing IPs from weird places every day and finally I realized it was his tour schedule. I later had a paranormal experience about his mother when she died but never communicated that to him because I knew that would be too creepy.

Since you have a common friend, why not arrange a Skype introduction or ask her to copy you on an email to him that would make it less awkward to "Reply all" or something like that.