Guy friend wants me to move in with him

Intrepidcaribou

Intrepidcaribou

We work together, are both new in town and have become close friends. His last roommate was violent and he had to have him evicted. He wants someone he knows and trusts. He's 32 and wants to settle down and have kids some day. I'm 29 and want to stay single and childless. Will I ruin his chances of getting a gf by being there?

Not necessarily. But you need to be sure he knows you want to be single and childless just in case he has a secret crush or anything.

If he's not worried about you ruining his chance to have a gf then neither should you...unless he secretly has feelings for you, then yeah living with him would be a deal breaker for any girl he dates. If he has no feelings, no problem. If he is seriously looking for a partner and you move in with him, be prepared to have a third person potentially being there all the time or even moving in.

M/F platonic roommate situations are far more acceptable then they were years ago. As long as you have your own room & preferably separate bathrooms, I don't see the problem.