Would this approach work with my crush?

Mizz Layta

I have a huge crush on co worker and last time when I confided in him about my mom who passed away. He also told me that his mom is sick.

So when I see him again, i am thinking to ask how his mom is doing so I can strike up some conversation that's not work related. I also want to tell him that if he ever needs someone to talk to ,I am good listener. Then give him my number so he can text or call if he needs someone to talk to.

The thing is I would like to get to know him as I person. I am also afraid of rejection so I don't want to be straight forward and ask him out. I don't even know if he is single or not.So I just want to make it sound casual .I also genuinely care about him as person and would like to know more about him

Would he see through this

If his mom is that sick, he has tunnel vision & won't "see through" your conversation starter.

While I'm all for compassion do you really want the foundation of your relationship with him to be your shared grief over the loss of your parents? When you heal won't that destroy your temporary depressed bond?

Also you risk being friend zoned.

• Like 1
I have a huge crush on co worker and last time when I confided in him about my mom who passed away. He also told me that his mom is sick.

So when I see him again, i am thinking to ask how his mom is doing so I can strike up some conversation that's not work related. I also want to tell him that if he ever needs someone to talk to ,I am good listener. Then give him my number so he can text or call if he needs someone to talk to.

The thing is I would like to get to know him as I person. I am also afraid of rejection so I don't want to be straight forward and ask him out. I don't even know if he is single or not.So I just want to make it sound casual .I also genuinely care about him as person and would like to know more about him

Would he see through this

See through this?? Are you saying your comments are all lies? I don't understand.

imtooconfused
If his mom is that sick, he has tunnel vision & won't "see through" your conversation starter.

That's not to say that you should ignore his Mom. You should show (which I believe you already have) compassion for his situation. But don't make it sound like you are using that as an ice breaker.

If the conversation moves on, find another way to express your interest. If not, wait out his situation with a great degree of caring. You do risk being friendzoned indefinitely, but in this situation, his thoughts are most likely elsewhere.

• Like 1