Why does my friend love to start fights?

He's not my friend anymore! I kinda dated this guy in high school, but we remained distant friends, like we weren't close, but we would go out here and there. Recently we have became a little closer within 4 months we've been hanging out a lot. I noticed he like to start fights, and that disgusted me! It's worse when he's drunk, but he loves to start physical fights with guys all the time. I don't understand it? Because he's not even the big "macho man" type, that has big muscles, or is really tall, and built.

He's actually skinny, and doesn't have muscle, and is average height, yet he always starts fights. It was the final straw for me when we went into Sheetz, and he was drunk, and he was talking about a guy's girlfriend, and saying how hot she was, noticeably talking loud so her boyfriend can hear him, and the boyfriend calls him a "P*ssy" And then my friend turns around, and pushes him and then a physical fight ensues. I was so disgusted! I was yelling at my "friend" to not do that, and it's unimpressive, but it fell on deaf ears because he was so happy about it, and he kept going on about it to our other friend (who is a guy) and he was so happy. Why? Why would he start fights when it's disgusting, unattractive, and immature? What's the point?

Ashley, when you first came here, your girlfriends were acting badly and you go into drama. Then it was your guy friend and Ricky. Then you and Ricky. Then you and your neighbor guy. Then your guy friend and Ricky. Then you and Ricky again. Now it's another guy friend.

The common denominator is YOU.

When I was 19, I left home and moved to the city by myself. I had a job and I was in school in the evenings. I had a room to live that I rented from a lady. I had a few friends that I hung out with -- no crazy stuff just good clean fun.

Do you have a job? If you don't, get one, even if it is part-time. You're going to school, yes? Maybe start saving up so that you can start living on your own. Learning how to be independent. It will make you grow up really quickly. Learn responsibility. Change your priorities. I think you have too much time on your hands and you spend that time bored and engaging with whatever, whomever you can find.

Staying at home with your parents and your brother, and being around people that do not promote any type of growth within you will always keep you in this lousy bubble.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Response to deleted post redacted
  • Like 1
  • Author

I'm not trolling! This is what really happened! If I was trolling, it would be a lot more ridiculous, and funny. I have no reason to lie. This really did happen, and I was wondering why guys like to start fights? Just a open discussion. Everytime I post something though it's I'm "looking for attention", and now I am a "troll", I hang around a lot of people, but I don't have "friends", so I am not little miss popular with a ton of friends. I was just using my story as an example of a douche trying to start a fight. This is utterly pointless! I am not looking for attention, nor am I a troll, making this up. Like I said, if I was it would be a lot funnier, and better. I really like this site, and I feel like I can post anything on here, but anymore when I do people get the wrong impression. I just wanted to have a open discussion is all. No need for the insults, and being called a "troll", when I am not.

Ashley, when you first came here, your girlfriends were acting badly and you go into drama. Then it was your guy friend and Ricky. Then you and Ricky. Then you and your neighbor guy. Then your guy friend and Ricky. Then you and Ricky again. Now it's another guy friend.

How did you keep track!? IMPRESSIVE.

Staying at home with your parents and your brother, and being around people that do not promote any type of growth within you will always keep you in this lousy bubble.

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.

Like I said in a LOT of your other threads: You need to make new friends.

• Author

When I was 19, I left home and moved to the city by myself. I had a job and I was in school in the evenings. I had a room to live that I rented from a lady. I had a few friends that I hung out with -- no crazy stuff just good clean fun.

Do you have a job? If you don't, get one, even if it is part-time. You're going to school, yes? Maybe start saving up so that you can start living on your own. Learning how to be independent. It will make you grow up really quickly. Learn responsibility. Change your priorities. I think you have too much time on your hands and you spend that time bored and engaging with whatever, whomever you can find.

After this semester is over, I am going to get a full-time job, and go to school part-time. I took on 6 classes, and I have NO time for a job. However, I give people props for working and going to school full-time, but I just can't do it. I have to wait till the semester ends, then I will get a job, and save up. There is a lot of drama in my life, but I am NOT making any of this up! I am a real person, with real feelings, I am not some "troll" that seeks "attention". I really like this site, so I post on here. People keep getting the wrong impression because it's an outlet for me to write, vent, and to talk about my situations in life. It's is ridiculous what happens to me, but it's true. There would be no reason for me to lie, and it saddens me to know that everyone thinks I am lying, a troll, an attention seeker etc. I just like to have open discussions. I like to hear other opinions, and thoughts. I just like that.

Since I suspended one member and moderated two others out of this thread for their comments which have nothing to do with the topic, I'll advise, yet again, that any member who states or alludes to another member being a troll or trolling is automatically suspended or moderated without notice or discussion. Just don't do it publicly. Feel free to alert moderation privately and either move on or continue to address the topic, here which is regarding a friend who loves drama.

Further, any suggestions of mis-categorizing of a thread are, again, to be made to moderation privately. They are not part of our discussion forum interactions. It's really not that hard folks. Sheesh....

• Author
How did you keep track!? IMPRESSIVE.

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.

Like I said in a LOT of your other threads: You need to make new friends.

I'm not friends with him anymore. I can't be around people who start **** with other people for apparent reason. That makes me sick because I was bullied, and I can't imagine myself messing with people like that. It's so disgusting!

There is a lot of drama in my life, but I am NOT making any of this up! I am a real person, with real feelings, I am not some "troll" that seeks "attention". I really like this site, so I post on here. People keep getting the wrong impression because it's an outlet for me to write, vent, and to talk about my situations in life. It's is ridiculous what happens to me, but it's true. There would be no reason for me to lie, and it saddens me to know that everyone thinks I am lying, a troll, an attention seeker etc. I just like to have open discussions. I like to hear other opinions, and thoughts. I just like that.

The best way to perpetuate drama is to keep talking about it and to keep being around it. Sometimes there is no need to know why people do what they do, or find an analysis into their behavior, so long as you know it's bad for you, you identify that you don't need it -- that's all you need to know.

The thing is, it's odd that you are surrounded by all these people that create this much drama in your life. It isn't normal. And partly because when you probably know it is a bad situation, you stay in it and then when it gets bad, to where you have to shout in public for your friend to stop -- then you come here and ask why.

Cut it out when you see the first signs of a red flag. You said you have been hanging out and getting closer for 4 months and I am sure he has shown you his fighting side and this wasn't the first time. Why have you been hanging out with him? What would have happened if things got out of hand and you got pulled into a fight?

Ashley, I would just tell you that who knows why this douche starts fights, but all you really need to know is to choose to not be around people like that. I get the idea you are too tolerant. You see the flaws in them, but it doesn't stop you from getting right into their inner circle. You have to pick and choose who you want to be friends with or others will view by the company you keep.

He's not my friend anymore! I kinda dated this guy in high school, but we remained distant friends, like we weren't close, but we would go out here and there. Recently we have became a little closer within 4 months we've been hanging out a lot. I noticed he like to start fights, and that disgusted me! It's worse when he's drunk, but he loves to start physical fights with guys all the time. I don't understand it? Because he's not even the big "macho man" type, that has big muscles, or is really tall, and built.

He's actually skinny, and doesn't have muscle, and is average height, yet he always starts fights. It was the final straw for me when we went into Sheetz, and he was drunk, and he was talking about a guy's girlfriend, and saying how hot she was, noticeably talking loud so her boyfriend can hear him, and the boyfriend calls him a "P*ssy" And then my friend turns around, and pushes him and then a physical fight ensues. I was so disgusted! I was yelling at my "friend" to not do that, and it's unimpressive, but it fell on deaf ears because he was so happy about it, and he kept going on about it to our other friend (who is a guy) and he was so happy.Why? Why would he start fights when it's disgusting, unattractive, and immature? What's the point?

The issue is why do you care? What difference does it make? You want a bunch of strangers on the internet to give answers about this idiot's behavior? You are not responsible for analyzing him and for trying to figure him out. You don't have to understand it. As you said, he's not your friend. Avoid this person whenever possible and move on with your life. Stop getting into the middle of drama that really doesn't concern you.

Edited by applej4