my friend has dissed me - again

so i am ok to borrow money from, or invite over, and when i visit i am critcised, always there is the put-down, until tbh, there is not much that passes muster with her, which has me on the defensive, not looking forward to her company, she used to be great fun

my freckles, my small eyes, just two examples, she has been known to agree with ppl putting me down, she is just not supportive

one new years' eve she even told me two nasty remarks, made by an acquaitance, i had treated her, paid for the evening, as she was broke

just this morning i told her my eyesight was bad, all she had to say was "whatever" i rung off quicly, steaming, she rung me later like nothing had happened, and i spelled out how fed up i am and that she should sort her head out and that i do not even think she likes me

all the on-line advice is ditch the toxic friend, i feel weepy at the thought of more of her

she rung me back just tonight, but i had blocked her number, i know she will say sorry, but as usual, will not really mean it

i feel torn, it is loneliness or her empty apology...we have been friends for fifteen years...the last three have been like this

i have a few other friends, but they are not in my life daily as she has been, phoning or hanging out

Edited by darkmoon

When she says something nasty, jump right up her butt about it right then and there in a big way and tell her if she doesn't stop being an a*hole, you don't want to see her anymore.

• Like 1