Girls gets more distant

I have a very strange situations with girls. In most cases they are the first ones that start talking to me, but after some time they simply become indifferent. Let me tell you one example.

Im at the university and a girl smiles and waves to me. I am rather shy so I didnt say anything, I just smile back.

After about 4 weeks I met her couple of times and in most cases she was smiling to me or something. And the funny part begins here- I met her more personally (i mean talking) by accident, on something like a party. And ye- we made plans to go to some bar or club. Strike one- 30 minutes before we were supposed to go she says that something turned out and we cant go. Okay, it can happen. One time every few weeks we went to eat together, but nothing more. And today im honestly about to get really annoyed. I visit her 9 PM to say hi and she was watching some show. And yeah- that time was a bad idea. Yes she is still friendly with me but when I asked "when I can come by then" she said she doesnt know that right now.

Am I overreacting or shes not interested in me anymore? What should I do? Visit her some other hour or just simply get over it?

Thanks in advance ppl

Well, you shouldn't "drop by." If you want to see her, make a date a couple of days ahead of time. She can either accept or not.