If someone were your role model or inspiration, would you tell them?

disneyfan90

disneyfan90

I have lots of people I look up to in my life. One of these people is my brother in-law. He's extremely ambitious and hardworking and I've always looked up to him. In the past, I would watch his work ethic and try to imitate it myself. To this day, I always aspire to be just like him.

I've always wanted to tell my brother in-law and several other people in my life that they are my role models. If you looked up to someone, would you tell them?

todreaminblue

i would say simply you inspire me because.......and give the reason or action here..

i would take something specific i know they have done or do ...and bring it into the light, i would spotlight what i find inspiring about them or what they do, even though half the time i seem goofy when i am saying it......i will actually seek them out to tell them...inspiring people need to feel inspired.....just as much as the next person...and one way to inspire inspiring people is to recognise what they do so they keep on doing it..they make a difference so let them know how they made a difference...i feel you should tell your brother in law how you feel...what is holding you back from telling him....i know what it is...opening up how you feel......

i have let complete strangers know....one was a celebrity, i wrote a letter to which he replied......my letter was an inspiration letter of my own for him to keep going......

people might feel all i have to say is wow i loved what you said or did or think i am crawling for attention.wanting them to like me..yes these thoughts go through my head when i tell people what i think about them and its all positive...but the fact is i would tell a person also,who i didnt really know or like that what they have done was inspiring......

so yes tell your brother in law...for sure tell him.......spotlight what you find inspiring give specifics....the more detailed the better...shows you noticed as another poster said he will be deeply touched...even if he simply brushes it off.....your words to him will have a cause and effect attached....water and light......

appreciation and recognition....is like water and light to the seeds of inspiration...not only does it inspire the inspirer to keep going...it actually inspires us.......to pay it forward......just like your thread inspired me....you are now the inspirer..it really did inspire me ......so trek on and let your brother in law know.....deb

• Like 1

I am guessing this is your sister's husband. If it is, be careful you do not upset your sister, by what may be misinterpreted as a play for her husband, or it could upset/please your brother in law as he may think you are interested in him "romantically", and that could get awkward.

But if this is your husband's brother, then also be careful, that this "hero worship" is not misinterpreted.

• Author
disneyfan90
I am guessing this is your sister's husband. If it is, be careful you do not upset your sister, by what may be misinterpreted as a play for her husband, or it could upset/please your brother in law as he may think you are interested in him "romantically", and that could get awkward.

But if this is your husband's brother, then also be careful, that this "hero worship" is not misinterpreted.

Of course, if I said such a thing to him, I'd tell him that both he and my sister my inspire me, so it's not misinterpreted. I felt I owe it to them because they're both significantly older than me, and have made a huge impact on my life.

• Like 1

yes its ok to express such in a respecting and gracious manner.

Lets not shoot the messenger....its the intentions that are well meant I am sure.

• Like 1
whichwayisup
I have lots of people I look up to in my life. One of these people is my brother in-law. He's extremely ambitious and hardworking and I've always looked up to him. In the past, I would watch his work ethic and try to imitate it myself. To this day, I always aspire to be just like him.

I've always wanted to tell my brother in-law and several other people in my life that they are my role models. If you looked up to someone, would you tell them?

Of course!

Telling someone that you find them inspirational and they make a difference in your life is a nice thing to say.

Expressing appreciation to someone is a very admirable trait that most of us do not do often enough. Even people in your family who seem to have no positive characteristics are valuable simply because they are here. Doesn't have to be a long drawn out thing - sometimes a card works too!