She is back .....

FoolishMan

Been a peaceful few months since this: acrimonious-end-friendship (Sorry to have to make you read an old thread but it explains the past better than retyping the whole thing).

She contacted me over Christmas and New year to wish me a good one. I made one line replies to say "Thanks" and wished her the same. Then on, I maintained radio silence - I have no desire to contact her as the friendship seemed so toxic looking back.

Tonight, I receive a volley of SMS from her - she said she will never speak to me again as I have blocked her on Whatsapp (I did) and also on Facebook (I didn't, she unfriended me). Why was I being so cold and shutting her out?

I thought I had made my feelings clear after not initiating and maintaining no contact for the past almost 3 months. Why won't this woman take the hint and constantly making me feel bad?

What made me stop talking to her was because she started a relationship and as I had feelings for her - I had to leave the friendship!

What do I do?? Just ignore her or do I tell her point blankly that the friendship is over...

She does sound selfish and like she can only have feelings for herself and can't understand your feelings. I think you'll have to tell her "I've moved on. You should do the same." And then block her every way there is to block her.

• Author

Thanks for reply. I am thinking of changing my cell phone number... such a chore to avoid someone!

Some weird reverse psychology she seems to be trying on me. I have blocked her on Whatsapp as I do not wish to speak to her but she sends me a text to say she will never speak to me.... anyone following me here?? She unfriends me on Facebook then seems to forget and accuses me of unfriending her.

May be my mind over simulating situations but she is freaking me a bit... especially as she was randomly and weirdly in my dream last night...

She doesn't have any legit reason she'd be able to talk to you so she's just acting crazy and saying whatever and being very aggressive. She's a mess. I have a narcissistic bipolar friend (real diagnoses) who used to get away with something similar with men a lot. She'd do something rude to them, like double book dates and then stand one up, and then when they confronted her about it, she'd have a self-righteous crying fit and make THEM feel bad for making her feel bad! When it was all her fault to begin with! Don't be that chump! Sounds like your girl thrives on even negative attention and that is NEVER a good thing.