Can you renew a friendship?

ExtraSpice

Lately I have noticed that what my life seems to be lacking is a good set of friends. I made great friends during college but now that college is over my friend pool has seriously declined. Some have moved out of state, some are busy in their grad/med school, some I have just lost contact with and some parted ways due to silly reasons.

Another thing I have noticed is that it has gotten harder for me to make friends after college. So my question is would it be better to try to rekindle old friendships or make new ones? Or better yet which one is easier in your opinion?

Also if you were to hear from someone you used to be good friends with after a long time, would that be weird? What would you think and how would you react?

I think a combo. Like a relationship, a friendship needs nurturing. Reach out & plan something with somebody you haven't seen in a while.

Also get involved in groups & activities that do stuff you enjoy to make new friends. I made some great adult friends at work, through shared interest groups & when I did summer shares in beach houses.

• Like 1
regine_phalange

I think it's nice to reach out to old friends, especially if you had good chemistry. Good chemistry is when it feels like it's only been a day since you last talked to each other, even if it's been years. I reached out to a friend yesterday after 4 years. We had great chemistry and communication, but life got in the way, so we went out of touch completely. Until I saw his name on my whatsapp list of contacts and I felt like saying hello. He was really glad that I contacted him. I would also be very glad if an old friend contacted me.

Also if you contact your old friends then they will introduce you to new people probably. So 2 for the price of 1.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if an old friend contacted me. But I've done this in real life and it leads to empty promises to meetup, which never happen.