overanalyzing things?

fifipheebs

i was crushed by a breakup and my male friend tried to reassure me that my ex wasnt a great catch. Male friend and I have been friends for several years and there have been moments I had wondered if he felt more but afraid. On the same token, bcz those years have gone by and he's only sent me mixed singals, I dont want to read into things, but I figured there are two options to him stating my ex wasnt that great is bcz a) he was just being a friend trying to say the right thing or b) he is trying to tell me he he has feelings back.

what d'yall think?

It is my experience that most "male friends" are around because one day they hope to sleep with you. They are just waiting for that heavy breakup and you coming over afterwards all vulnerable so they can make their move. Of course there are male friends who would try hard not to act on these fantasies. That being said, unless you are ugly, they all secretly want to sleep with you and it's probably consuming their mind.

Edited by Cedar27

It is fairly rare to have a male friend who isn't interested in sleeping with you on some level, but it can happen. My guess is he's probably never had enough courage or game to approach you in that way, and of course, that's not good because who wants someone who is so fearful. But you've known him a long time and I don't know how old you are. If he was a teen when you met him, then maybe he got in the friend role before he developed being more manly. So my question is has your friend been successful at having dates and girlfriends? If so, maybe it's worth pursuing. Ask him if he'd like to go on a real date. If you just broke up, though, don't do it for a few months because it would not be at all nice for you to rebound on your old friend.

I've been in exactly the same situation before! But even after a horrible breakup, he still didn't make any moves? Mine easily couldve of. Maybe he is just trying to be a good friend?

• Author
I've been in exactly the same situation before! But even after a horrible breakup, he still didn't make any moves? Mine easily couldve of. Maybe he is just trying to be a good friend?

possibilty. he is droping alot of hints of late. my guess is he is uncertain of how i feel about him and likely feels friendzoned. however, i am uncertain how true this is.

guys, if you like a female friend much more than just a friend but too shy and insecure to tell her directly, what do you do to hint to her?