Should I stop talking to this guy?

I met this guy in class a few weeks back and we hit it off immediately. He's married, so I knew there was no romantic interest (obviously). But we continued to talk and flirt innocently during school.

I've never once tried to come onto him, but he's been making comments lately that are a little annoying. He'll remind me that he's married and tell me about stories about a former female friend that he had to turn down because they we getting too close and he felt there was an attraction forming from both sides. I wouldn't be so annoyed if he didn't repeat himself constantly or the story didn't sound exactly like our friendship (only I'm not interested in him unlike "her").

I'm starting to wonder if all he's trying to do is imply something about us and if I should stop talking to him in/between classes. He's a cool guy to talk to, so I'd like to remain friends at school but it's just awkward at times. Also, he does still flirt and tease me excessively, but I don't participate anymore.

What should I do?

All he's doing is getting his ego stroked and begging to hear you say you want him or are attracted to him. Yes, I'd stop talking to him. He wants to believe women are after him.

• Like 3

be civil and social. sounds to me he was being friendly and clear that he does Not reciprocate gushy girls .

as humans we do enjoy positive comments. unsure how its ego ridden. beats being misjudged though by people who havent met the gent

I think he is starting to feel attracted to you and he's assuming that you feel the same way, hence the story about that situation with that other woman. He's worried that it is happening again or about to happen again. So yes stop talking to him, or at least stop being as friendly and keep it civil. That is pretty much the only way to drive it home to him that you don't like him that way.

• Like 1