online friend is drifting away from me

uniqueunicorn

A little over a year ago, I met this girl on tumblr and we became close after while. We'd talk all day every day. I am a few years older than her, by the way. Apparently she didn't have many close friends who understood her well and I would always listen to her and support her and be there for her. After a while, she said I was her best friend and I started to think of her in that way, too. But nowadays, she doesn't talk to me as much as she used to. She texts me something, and I reply to her when I am online, but then I get a reply from her hours later (like today. I replied to her 6 hours ago but she still hasn't replied to me even though she's been online.) This has been happening often now. Does it mean she is distancing herself from me or something?

• Author
Sorry to hear - sometimes people just grow apart, online and in real life - but more so online.

Why not try to make new friends?

Yeah, unfortunately this happens. Thank you for your reply

<3 it is hard for me to make new friends in real life, but i will try to make new friends online also. :)

When you're not going and doing things together, you simply run out of anything new to say to the other and writing becomes a chore coming up with something to say.

• Like 1
  • Author
When you're not going and doing things together, you simply run out of anything new to say to the other and writing becomes a chore coming up with something to say.

This is really true now that I think about it. I remember trying to thibk of something to type and send several times, and she must have felt the same way, too.

Yeah, it's sad. But then if you were doing things together, you'd have stuff to talk about. Maybe you could get your friend to play some game online with you and stay busy doing that and just chatting on the side and have others play too .

I have my ups and downs with keeping things going... believe me I was always sending way too much, but as times went, we got down to bits of info here and there. There is only so much you can say without feeling like your repeating. Plus there comes a time when everything is calm and peaceful. Like so what if there is nothing said to day, I am not going to fret over a lack of contact. As it is impossible to stay in contact every day as you would like. Plus there are times when a woman needs time for herself. Not that she wants to be left alone for a day.

Don't take it harshly, but if you feel more than friendship... it is possible she does to and may feel you are only going to be her friend.

There are times when a woman will accept a man to move forward along in a relationship. I had to make my move a year from knowing my LDR. It was a spare of the moment thing, just because I felt she needed to know, instead of forever not knowing.

You'll find a day when you know how you feel is deeper than what you had shown. As long as you trust each other and allow for talks about personal feelings, having her understand will allow her to be open about her feelings more with you. Even if she just wants to be friends, she'll accept how you feel as long as you don't expect anything more. Keeping expectations away from any decisions will allow you to grow together.

• Like 1
melodicintention

Maybe you are over analyzing the texting? Young people tend to do this a lot. Maybe she has a class or family over or some reason that she cannot be texting 24/7 all the time? Just relax and if she returns it great. If not or is stresses you out that she takes x-amount of minutes/hours to reply then move on because you are only going to stress yourself out worrying on it like this.

• Like 1