Does he really want to be "just friends?"

irishgirl22

I have been talking to this man for a little over a month now. We both live in the Southwest but are from the Midwest and share the same views on almost everything. Everytime we talk (2 to 3 times a week), it is never for less than 4 hours on the phone. We email too. My problem is this. He has a girlfriend - or so he says- in another state - 1500 miles away that he has seen a couple of times in the last 3 years. Also, he says he doesn't want to give me the wrong idea when we talk. He is a good friend though and I feel we could very well be soulmates. I told him that I cannot talk to him on the phone for hours and not develop feelings for him and he says that he knows what I mean. He also says that he wouldn't be talking to me if he didn't think we clicked. He says he needs a good Irish girl with fire inside her (this is me an he knows it) and everything in our phone coversations say he likes me but he says - still - to not get the wrong idea . I am terribly confused! i don't want to lose his friendship but my feelings for him are hard to ignore.

Well the best thing I can think of here, is when someone has told you they are with someone else... they aren't wanting to give you the "wrong idea" meaning that a relationship is going to develop... believe them.

If talking to this guy is leading to deeper feelings, and he is already in a relationship (doesn't matter if she lives there or not) then distance yourself A LOT from him... cut back on the emails, cut back on the phone calls and continue to look for someone who is available.