I hit a nerve but obvious as to how

FoolishMan

Background: I have feelings for my friend, she knows but she ain't interested. Over past months, this friendship is straining at the seems as I know I need to walk away as it is hurtful to me... We talk regularly but I no longer initiate contact, she does. Reason I don't is because I want to distance myself gradually.

I give this girl advice and guidance when I feel I have some input. She is interested in another guy, which causes me heartache, especially when she brings him up in conversation. I have no idea why she does as she knows I don't like it.

She called today, usual rabble really about the day etc. etc... She then suddenly goes into rather a mushy mode saying she really loves me listening to her and standing by me and said she was sorry whenever she upset me by bringing up her other man. I basically said she was welcome yabba yabba.... I was about to ask her "why she bought up the other guy in convo when she knew I was upset by it?" It always plagued me as to why she did this as if I didn't know her better, I would say she was being unkind in some way!

Just as I was going to ask, she had to hang up as someone was at the door. Feeling she was in the mood to possibly talk about it, I sent her a texted her the question. A few mins later, the reply came the answer: "God, you go on like you are my boyfriend!! Had enough of this stuff from my ex!"

:confused:

Can someone care to elaborate what I seem to have done wrong? I have never attempted to ask her in the past and it is a question that burned inside me for a while now. The opprtunity popped up for me to ask in a seemingy non confrontational environment, she may as well have slapped me!

Thanks.

Edited by FoolishMan

Time to cut her off. She is probably talking to everyone she knows and crying on their shoulders. Clearly, she knows this isn't pleasant for you and does it anyway. Now it would be one thing if she didn't know you like liked her and just thought you were a friend or you were married or had a girlfriend or something (that happened to me once -- found out a married guy was resentful I talked about my man problems because he wasn't feeling much like a married guy I guess). But she knows and she's just narcissistic to a point and wanting a lot of sympathy. Now since her snarky post, it's time to cut her loose. Anyway, why would you want to be the guy she's gossiping about to all her friends even the not so close ones?

• Author
Anyway, why would you want to be the guy she's gossiping about to all her friends even the not so close ones?

Preraph, not quite with you here ... Sorry.

• Author

Please tell me I am justified in trying to get some insight as to why she decides to bring up this guy!? She is not really having issues with this guy, just slips in to conversation that they getting on really well or something along those lines....

Edited by FoolishMan
LifeGoesOnMan
Please tell me I am justified in trying to get some insight as to why she decides to bring up this guy!? She is not really having issues with this guy, just slips in to conversation that they getting on really well or something along those lines....

to be honest, it comes off as needy & she probably doesn't like confrontation.

and its annoying to nag someone about that, and girls will do anything to avoid an awkward situation.

there was no one at the door either...

why do you need to know? maybe she's trying to make you jealous and obviously its working.

girls are crazy dude.

Edited by LifeGoesOnMan

That's your purpose in her life, to dump emotions on about another guy. Not to cause her stress in any way by being uppity.

• Author

Lol, there was someone at door as I did hear the bell :D

Well, seeing she was sorry, she obviously knew I don't like it and as she knew that, why bring up a subject that hurts a supposed friend?

One thing I do know is that I think she possibly a bit mentally unstable. As she has now appologised, she will get shouted at the next time he comes up in convo. I am past caring...