never invited to weddings, worried

piscesmoon

For the first time ever I am considering getting married (I'm 27) - accepting the idea of 'maybe it will happen' and maybe I could enjoy it, a lot. It was my bf who recently brought it up. However, aside from my sisters wedding a long time ago, I've never been invited to a wedding. I guess I'm not good at keeping friends... My old best friend got married recently and even though we don't have contact anymore I still feel like I would invite her if I got married.. (is that weird? could I do that ? I still care for her a great deal). My bf has a ton of friends; It would be so awkward if he had all those with him and I had virtually NO friends (lots of shallow aquaintances however and a humongous family). I feel a bit stressed to find friends actually, there has been people in my past whom I've been quite close to but we've all fallen apart cos we've changed. I'm nuts for worrying about something that should be FUN for me I guess, that is not in the near future even. I guess a wedding can also be done without .. friends. And I guess not all people want to invite "friends" to their weddings.. maybe? I don't know.. :(

On some level it may be a blessing in disguise. Weddings are EXPENSIVE & the # of guests is what drives the cost higher. Having fewer people will be cheaper. Besides, intimate weddings are lovely.

• Like 1
VeronicaRoss

I'm an introvert myself. I have a handful of friends and I was embarrassed about this too but the only invitation regret I have is the one I sent to a woman I never even had coffee with but liked. She came. But we never did have coffee after that even! When I see her in the pics I think "my bit of desperation". But the reality is the friends I have I love dearly and what's there to be ashamed of if I'm happy with less?

So I'd stick with friends, today's and yesterday's. And just have an informal wedding in a small place. You'll be able to count your husband's friends as yours too, in a way.