about why my guy friend is ignoring me

Monarchbutterfly

Monarchbutterfly

HI! Well I wrote here about the same topic a couple weeks ago.. Anyways I need advice plz from both genders, but more from guys.. So my guy friend is literally ignoring me i have no idea why whatsoever.. Well i met him through my brother and at first all we said was "Hi" or "how are you doing". Anyway that changed for the better because we were constantly messaging eachother through fb and he would come over with my brother, and on occasions we sat down to know each other a bit better. Our conversations were more of getting to know each other, joked around and maybe im not sure i guess flirted.. so very recently he has been taking so long to reply back and when he does it seems as if he is ignoring me, like he dosent put any effort whatsoever to talk to me.. i guess i shouldn't care but idk somehow i feel ****ty.. so yesterday or whatever he literally saw my message on facebook and didn't even bother to message me back. He really is ignoring me right???the thing i did see is that he has been talking to my brother on fb..

So yeah this post is probably stupid and extremely LONG!! CAN ANYONE PLZ COMMENT AND EXPRESS THEIR OPINION ABOUT MY TOPIC:)

Hi there, I'd say he wants to keep his distance from you. Maybe he thinks you want more than friendship and is trying to silently discourage you? Maybe your brother has complained to him?

I'd leave him be, he was your brothers friend first. Let him approach you if he chooses and in the meantime find some female friends.

• Like 1
  • Author
Monarchbutterfly

Thank you! And I will definetly do that. Its going to be kinda hard, because I really do see him as a friend and idk but I think I might like him.. It sucks.. But I will try to keep my distance from him. Thanks for the advice<3

• Like 1
whichwayisup

He sees you as his friends sister. He isn't your 'friend'. You two texted and joked around, you two are buddies. Big difference.

He knows you're into him and it got too much to take. I mean how often were you two chatting and texting? How often were you texting him when he started ignoring you?

If he isn't interested in you romantically then that is why he's ignoring you, hoping you'll get the hint and stop texting him.

Focus on your other friends, forget him. If he truly was a genuine friend who cared about you and was in your life he wouldn't be treating you like this and pulling the disappearing act.

Don't waste another tear or another second thinking of him...He isn't thinking of you. (Sorry if that reads harsh, I just want you to see that you're wasting time on someone who doesn't care)

• Like 1
  • Author
Monarchbutterfly

well we were constantly texting for about a month or so, but we used to sort of talk before but it was just random stuff. And i will definetly try to just forget and be happy! And yes i will keep that in mind! And i dont find your post harsh at all, your honest and thank you!:-)