Can a guy be friends with a girl....or does he just want into her pants?

dreaming4ever

Hey guys,

I want mostly male responses to this please.....I'm wondering....when a guy becomes "just friends" with a girl, is he seriously ok with being her friend and hanging out with her or does he secretly just hope that one day in the future he will get into her pants? Guys please don't be offended.....I just want to know the truth.

Dig up "Dudesomewhere" by doing a search. It's not hard. Just click on the search button, type in that name, and plenty of his posts will come up. He's very cool, and that will also answer your question.

I'd have to say yes.

BUT, the thought of jumping into bed with her will run across his mind, once if not thrice.........doing the deed happens more often than not, but it's possible to have female friends without sex.

• Author

So you guys are generally saying that I'm wrong. hmmm....a friend I trust a lot said that she's sure that guys who are friends with girls cuz they hope to get into their pants. I'm going to ask my boyfriend this same question today....I'm not sure if I'm convinced.

So you guys are generally saying that I'm wrong. hmmm....a friend I trust a lot said that she's sure that guys who are friends with girls cuz they hope to get into their pants. I'm going to ask my boyfriend this same question today....I'm not sure if I'm convinced.

Well, it maybe wrong in your case. My best friends is a guy that lives in New England, and we met while in college. He never once tried to get in my pants, never tried to make a move.

We really were never attracted to eachother in that way. I mean, he occasionally took me out to dinner, or to a movie just to get us both out of the small town we lived in while going to college, but it was more of a sisterly thing.

This isn't to say that he didn't date girls. He actually dated plenty of girls, they were just all artsey, and coke heads...

a friend I trust a lot said that she's sure that guys who are friends with girls cuz they hope to get into their pants.

Maybe it's the kind of guys you know/hang with?

I gotta stick up for the gender here - not all men are horny pigs who are only interested in getting a bit before bedtime. But perhaps we're not talking about men here, but rather horny teenage boys?

The world would be a pretty boring place if we could only be friends with people of the same gender! How weird would that be?

• Author

I tend to disagree with the subject myself in case you guys are wondering....I was just hoping to get more people's perspective on the matter since my friend suggested otherwise.

I just asked my boyfriend what he thought and he said, "I would agree that most guys stay friends with girls cuz they hope one day to get some. I heard this comedian talk about this once. He said that a guy that's friends with a girl is basically a "dick behind glass..break if there's an emergency".....lol...funny cuz its true. I'm not saying that ALL guys that have female friends have that in mind....I have a few females that I would consider friends that I wouldn't sleep with....but generally most guys think of themselves as a "dick behind glass".... "....so that's his opinion...what do u think??

Well, you've gotten our opinions. lol. What else do you want said?

The world would be a pretty boring place if we could only be friends with people of the same gender! How weird would that be?

My best friends is a guy that lives in New England, and we met while in college. He never once tried to get in my pants, never tried to make a move.

I can play devil's advocate: Ready? Here I go:

Men are pigs. All they want is sex. They're just animals. They only have alterior motives when it comes to being friends with a woman. This is for all men everywhere. Valor is dead!

That may be true situationally, but it's certainly not for every man.

Men are pigs. All they want is sex. They're just animals. They only have alterior motives when it comes to being friends with a woman. This is for all men everywhere. Valor is dead!

Dang it!!!! I've been doin' it all wrong!!!! Somebody help me!!!

Moose, you're a wonderful man. I know you could be just friends with a girl and not ask for more. You have that one pen pal, right?

I know you love your wife, you talk about her all the time.

loveregardless

well first of all this "freind" she speaks of is me, and I only say that because it is what I have observed... but as bluechocolate pointed out, I may just be basing that opinion from my observation of young horny teenage boys...

maybe they eventually grow out of that...but like Moose said, as far as I'm concerned, they are always at least thinking about doing you...

I just know that every male comic I've ever seen talks about how girls always want to be friends with them and all they want it to sleep with them. i'm not a guy, and I know all guys are different...I was just suggesting that it was something to be aware of... :o

bluechocoalte will you be my friend?! :p

I am a 41 year old man and I have never seen the value in having a female friend.

Sure I am friends with women at work, I am friend's with my wife's friends, etc. but I see no value in hanging out one on one with a female.

And yes I have imagined and/or fantasized about having sex with all of these women.

Hell I basically think about having sex with just about every woman I see....

:eek: Fredrolin I hope your wife never reads your posts or find out you post here :confused: ...she'd kill you! :p I wanna kill you and you're not mine. :D

Well, I think fred is being honest. My wife reads all of my posts.....and I'm not afraid to say that the thought of having sex, with just about every good looking female I've come across has crossed my mind. But I think that's a male thing. I think it's just human nature that men do this.

It's not that I would go through with it, but these thoughts cross my mind all the time. In my faith, even thinking these things is a sin and is as bad the actual act. But nonetheless, it's impossible for me not to.

So, sorry to you EC, Yellow, and Faye, my buddies, I would have to be honest with you too.......if we spent anytime together in the same room, the thought of having sex with you would cross my mind. And again, before you all send your beus out here to kill me, it's just instinct!!!!

• Author

well there you go.........there's my answer I guess. That guys naturally "think" of having sex with women they hang out with but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be able to or that they will try. Alright.

That being said, I have a new male friend that I met and worked with for a week in the summer....he wants to go for coffee and talk to me for a couple of hours about this girl that he likes and all that funny things that have happened since he met her at university last semester. However, I have been with my boyfriend of a year and he says it's up to me whether i want to go or not.....hmmm.....not sure, still deciding....this new information has freaked me out a bit.

I always do my best to hang around with "good men."

I'd never hang out one on with with any guy unless I knew him really, really well.

Originally posted by Moose

It's not that I would go through with it, but these thoughts cross my mind all the time. In my faith, even thinking these things is a sin and is as bad the actual act. But nonetheless, it's impossible for me not to.

Believe me I wish I could stop the sexual thoughts that I CONSTANTLY have, especially now that I am 41 years old.

Do you have any idea how frustrating and depressing it is to see a young beautiful woman and realize that there is no way in hell I will ever have sex with her? It sometimes drives me to the brink of insanity.

Unless I win the lottery, no beautiful intelligent 21 year old babe is going to have anything to do with me!!

Originally posted by fredrolin

Do you have any idea how frustrating and depressing it is to see a young beautiful woman and realize that there is no way in hell I will ever have sex with her? It sometimes drives me to the brink of insanity.

Unless I win the lottery, no beautiful intelligent 21 year old babe is going to have anything to do with me!!

Contraire! Many of women love older men for their experience and um, money. Are you already rich? :D But you're married and you don't want that. You're too snazzy. :)

Originally posted by dreaming4ever

Hey guys,

I want mostly male responses to this please.....I'm wondering....when a guy becomes "just friends" with a girl, is he seriously ok with being her friend and hanging out with her or does he secretly just hope that one day in the future he will get into her pants? Guys please don't be offended.....I just want to know the truth.

I would say most part, let's say 80% 0f "normal" males secretly hope for getting into "just friends" pants! I would say that rest 10% would be gays, and 10% impotents.

Originally posted by dreaming4ever

Hey guys,

If by "a guy" you mean "all men", then the answer to your question is: No. Men can have truly platonic relationships with women.

If by "a guy" you mean "one man out of all men on the planet", then the answer is: I do not have enough information about this one man to answer your question.

Also take into consideration that individual men may or may not think about getting into the pants of individual women friends.

I do not believe there is enough sound evidence to conclude that men hope to become intimate with their female friends.

I have alot of guy friends, I worked with just guys at my old job at a newspaper. OK, thing is, guys are guys. They like to think about sex, talk about sex...Married or not married...It's just a fact. So I do believe men/women can be friends even if he thinks about having sex with you. So WHAT!!! It's not like my guy friends are saying outloud, HMM, I'd like a piece of you today, oh yeah baby!! They think it, they are allowed to. Personally, it feels good to still be looked at, desired if you will, by other men. I would never jump into bed with any of them anyways (hubby wouldn't like that lol) single or not, cuz they are friends!!!

I do think however, my past guy friends before my hubby and I got together are safe and fine cuz I've known them for so long or grew up with them, think of them (sorry boys!) like brothers! Any new guy friends that come into my life, my husband is included too. I want to include him, I want him to get to know them so he won't worry. He doesn't at all, he has his female friends as well, and I"m sure that he thinks of them from time to time about having sex, but that is HIS MIND and has nothing to do with me. It does not hurt my feelings, but at the same time I know him and he's not the most sexual person in the world so sex is not on his brain at all times. There has been times we've been out and a woman will walk by, I will point out how big her boobs are to him. He will look ofcouse, lol, but sometimes he just doesn't notice cuz he's distracted or something.

Anyways, being friends with a guy is cool. No BS, what you see is what you get, no games, just honestly, fun and alot of sillyness...That is what I love most about my guy friends. I can say ANYTHING, and so can they...No hidden bitchiness or meanness, cuz men are simple. They got something to say, they'll say it. If they are mad at ya, they will let you know, they won't hint and make you wonder, "gee, what did I DO WRONG" like girl friends do. My girlfriends are great, but sometimes there's that 'tone and hinting' thing that happens and I don't like that much. You got something to say, say it, dont' beat around the bush. hehehe...My mind just thought like a guy, cuz you say that you KNOW what they're thinking right away!!

The end. lol

well bein a guy, i know this

u can tell if the guy just wants in the pants by if he looks at ur fun stuff alot, or touches u alot, or takes any chance he can take to touch u like if ur showin off a bracelet or sumthin hell try to touch it. and.. u can tell by if he constantly wants to hang with u or stares into ur eyes, tryin to charm u.

thats what i know cuz i over hear tons of ppl talkin sayin "oh, sally slick, im bein friends with her and hopin to build somethin so i can do it" that kind of person is a stupid, dumb , son of a bitch. period