flirty friend raped

GrUmPy1

this is long but please read.

so my friend started doing all kinds of things since meetin this girl and i talked to her and told her whats up with you acting like a dick chaser? i tried to tell her that she was going to get a rep like the one her OTHER friend already had. well she agreed and said that she was just having fun but that i had a point but then she still kept going out late and hanging out with guys she didnt know. so friday nite she called me crying and said she didnt know how to say it, well she told me that she met this guy on the party line (phone chatroom) and went to hang out with him at like 1 in the morning and she said everything was going cool when he asked her to go into a room with her and she did and then she told me he forced her pants down and stuck it in. only once but that then she kicked him in the stomach and left. now i didnt know how to react because part of me felt like **** because i would never want this to happen to her and on the other hand i was mad becuase i had warned her not to do what she was doing and she still did.

anyways the whole point is why was my friend acting like that and is it rape? since he only stuck it in once? and what can she do about it? she said she doesnt want to do anything but im not sure its the right choice

from what i learned in school, if u even touch a girl witout the girls consent, that is rape. she should get tested for STDs, and go see a doctor or something, because sex is a risk we all take willingly, not letting it be forced onto us. (risks of STDs, Aids, etc). ur friend should do something like, report him, call the cops, anything. if she feels if she was raped, then diefinity she should. a man like that should be punished, hes shouldnt even be called a man.

thats all i know, from health ed. if u feel that u really want her to do something, and she dosnt, well, il leave the answer to that to the other peeps here.

loveregardless

even if the girl is a megaslut, if she doesn't consent its still rape. However you are completely right that she has no business behaving as she has been and that all her continuing to behave like this is going to bring is more unwanted consequences. What did she think some guy she never met in her life that she was talking to on a sex line in the middle of the night was going to do?! How old is this girl?! If she is a minor her parents need to know that she is behaving like this...she could have died you know!! that guy could have murdered her...this is a very dangerous game this girl is playing.

Rape is rape. I don't care if she was naked. "No" means, "No." It doesn't mean, "Yes, maybe."

Of course it's rape.

She should report him to the police, and press charges. YOU, as her FRIEND, should be incredibly supportive.

How awful is it that you're angry at her because she didn't take your advice?

She didn't get raped because she didn't take your advice, she got raped because she was with a piece of sh*t guy who stuck his dick in her!

I agree with lioness, this is not the time for 'I told you so'. This whole horrible experience will no doubt change her for life, and you should keep in mind that:

1) she might ALREADY be beating herself up for going in that room with the guy, and behaving the way she has been, and...

2) because of what happens, she's most likely going to be taking your advice anyways, and not going out late, and not hanging out with guys she doesnt know anymore.

She needs your support. Be there for her.

• Author

hold up!!! one sec!!! i NEVER expressed feelings of anger towards my friend. i am supportive and at least i didnt laugh when she told me like that other girl. yes i was angry because she knew better, but i never said i told you so. i would not do that

Originally posted by GrUmPy1

hold up!!! one sec!!! i NEVER expressed feelings of anger towards my friend. i am supportive and at least i didnt laugh when she told me like that other girl. yes i was angry because she knew better, but i never said i told you so. i would not do that

Well maybe I or YL read your post wrong, but you did say "i didnt know how to react because part of me felt like **** because i would never want this to happen to her and on the other hand i was mad becuase i had warned her not to do what she was doing and she still did."

If she said NO then it's rape.

Last thing..... what do you mean "At least I didn't laugh when she told me like that other girl" sorry, but that really sounds very insensitive. There is nothing funny or amusing about rape... so I guess I don't understand why you would have to restrain yourself from laughing or pat yourself on the back for not doing it.

My two cents

I second Yellowlioness--rape is rape. Many prostitutes have been raped. Women on dates with men have been raped by them. There have been cases of women being raped by ex husbands or men they were in the process of divorcing. Just because a person flirts or finds someone sexually attractive does not give anyone the right to force sexual behavior on them. Does leaving your car unlocked, with the key in the ignition, give another person the right to steal your vehicle?

Your friend should notify the police immediately, if she does not wish to press charges, I strongly suggest she go to a Planned Parenthood and get the morning after pill, some STD tests run, and get some counseling about what happened. This is the time to be a good friend, support her, and make sure she does not go near this SOB ever again.

I would warn other girls about this man's behavior as well--he's probably done this before, and I would not put it past him to do this again.