How does a man interpret an invitation to a wedding, even if you're just friends?

confused_as_usual

confused_as_usual

Just found this site and I have a question...how do men interpret it when you invite them to a wedding? I have a friend (former coworker) and another former coworker is getting married out of state. So several months back I mentioned the wedding to him and he was excited then and now to go. However, I know he was interested in me romantically last year, I set him straight, he came to visit in the spring and everything was platonic. I told him about the Myers Briggs test and he said he wondered what it would be like if we ever got married (ok, this comment DID make me nervous -- he said this about a month ago). Too, the wedding is soon and the plan was for me to stay at his place, as hotels are very expensive in this particular city. However, he has asked me on more than one occassion if I can't stay longer than just a couple of days. To top it all off, he's never had a girlfriend or been intimate with anyone (and he is not young). Way over 30. Should I be nervous here? The last thing I want to do is to spend a lot of money going to this wedding and then have to deal with him possibly making a move on me.

Thanks

How does a man interpret an invitation to a wedding, even if you're just friends?

I don't think this guy wants to be 'just friends' any longer. I'm sure that if you stay in his home he will attempt to, uh, make a move.

If this is off-putting, either:

A). Make it clear when you arrive that aren't interested in anything more than friendship during and after your visit, and if he makes his move, ignore him.

B). Get a hotel room for the trip.

C). Don't go.

Also, it is not necessary to double post.

-DA

• Author
confused_as_usual

Sorry DA for the double post. New here, and I needed a quick response before I tell him tonight I am not coming. I know it should be obvious to me, but I am sort of lame when it comes to these things. Not that I haven't had PLENTY of men I have been involved with. I am just used to the more direct approach. I am picking your option C. Quite frankly, I am tired of having to explain my intentions to male friends. I am now starting to think such an animal doesn't exist. Hotels too expensive. So that leaves not going. Hey, I really appreciate your response.

CAU