I'm very lonely

7yearsbroken

7yearsbroken

She was the love of my life and she left me. My confidant. My best friend.

I don't have FB I don't have college friends.. I have my high school friends that I'm not happy to have- they are bad influences.. As my ex warned me anyway.

My ex found someone who's she's really happy with. I have no one to talk to. My family and I have always been bad a communication. My ex also wants to be friends now her schools over and she is returning to my city.

I don't know what to do I'm so sad and lonely and upset. I sat for almost 2 days with minimal movement and small meals because of no appetite. I'm really hurt she no longer feels the same.. All the while wishing I had a close friend who I could have a real conversation with. I'm really hurt. Her cousins invited me to a family party but I had to decline. They wanted me there. :(

Cafe au lait

Eh, I'm kinda skeptical of your ex's motives for wanting to be friends again.

Regarding the friend issue in general, you need to get out more. Seriously. Sitting for 2 days with minimal movement and small meals in your house does not help you make friends. You were able to land a girlfriend, I'm sure you'll be able to make friends when you go to cafes/bars/parks/etc.

You are grieving in the immediate aftermath of the break up. Many people lose their appetite.

You can & will make new friends. It just takes time. Hang in there,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OP: Hope things have improved since your original post. I think everyone's had some down days in their life. I'm struggling now, maybe not quite as bad as yourself. but you need to get your headup and get your mind off this. Dwelling on a situation in the past is not going to change anything.

Get up. Get outside enjoy the sun and maybe exercise. That always helps myself. Try keeping occupied and if you can meet other friends. I know how the friend circles evaporate. I'm in the process of losing my last only true friend due to moving (We're drifting apart). It sucks. And I get sucked into that trap of being miserable but you need to focus on positives of life. Time will pass...things will change and once again you'll be happy. It all sounds like Rahrahrah, but you need to start with small steps first.

Jason

• 1 month later...
sickoflove11

I understand how lonely you must feel, I just lost my best friend and wish I had someone to talk to. I come on here in hopes that I might get a single response from anyone.. I hope you are doing better now. Like peterso2 said, we need to think of positive things even if we have those horribly long moments of misery. One step at a time is how I'm trying to take it.

• Like 2