He said he thought I was suicidal. WTF?

I met this person years ago through a mutual friend. That night we all went to a movie theater and for drinks afterwards. I thought that he was pretty cool and we had lots to talk about. We ended up friending each other on facebook and remained fb friends for years now. It's not a close friendship, by any means, but we do chat every now and then. The other day he told me that when we met, he thought that I would kill myself... WTF???? I mean, at some point he moved away from me to talk to somebody else and I was kinda bummed out, but I was most certainly not suicidal lol. Nor was I depressed. I asked him if I seemed desperate or something, and he said no. I almost kinda feel offended, to be honest. Why would anyone ever say that?

Ages: I am 30 and he's about 36.

Edited by jaliya
  • Author
I do not mean to dismiss how you feel but for a complete stranger who is a guy... This is a funny story.

If it isn't already the PUA guys should add this to their playbook.

Just a guess...

Your Fakebook is authentic. Your Life / Comments / Pics don't show you living the perfect life like everyone else and because he doesn't know that everyone's life isn't perfect he thought you wanted to "off" yourself.

Oh I can certainly see how this would be funny.

He said he thought that before he saw my facebook though. Or maybe it's just some bs he made up on the spot, who knows.

It's just an odd thing to say to somebody... especially to somebody you don't know very well. Am I right? And am I on the right track here, thinking that it was a bit offensive?

• Author
If I was you, I could see why you would be offended. I would laugh at it but I'm a guy.

I still think it's possible he might have been joking. I dunno know how your conversation went so I can't say.

If it was me, I would turn it around on him. Tell him he has "crazy eyes" and always thought he was one of those guys who tries to lure girls into a van with candy,

See what he comes back with. Guys (at least my friends and I) like girls who are sassy and give it back to us.

He definitely was not joking. We were in the middle of a pretty serious conversation.

I would have enjoyed your scenario much more.