He wants to be friends - How?

ShiningMoon

ShiningMoon

So I met this guy last year, we went on a couple of dates last year and in February/March of this year. However, he started ignoring me afterwards. Fast forward, he now just contacted me and told me he wants to be friends (just friends).

We both acknowledged we have no emotional connection but we had a lot of fun when we hung out. The thing is despite the fact that we have no emotional connection, we have insane physical chemistry. Back when we would go on dates, we just couldn't keep away from one another. We were all over each other and would have steamy make out sessions that could have turned into sex if we weren't in public. When we were going on dates, he admitted multiple times he was insanely attracted to me and thinks I'm "just so damn hot".

I wanna be friends with him because he's cool but I'm not sure how we're going to make this work considering the fact we had acknowledged we're very attracted to one another? We have zero emotional connection though. How to make it work?

Edited by ShiningMoon

Don't go there...

It can only end badly and - truthfully - do you need this kind of friend that is only going to cause complications in your life?

• Author
ShiningMoon
Don't go there...

It can only end badly and - truthfully - do you need this kind of friend that is only going to cause complications in your life?

I don't have a whole lot of friends where I live, so I wouldn't mind having him as a friend. But I understand your point. I'm pretty sure I'll never have feelings for this guy. We have very different tastes and truthfully, I don't feel any sort of emotional attachment towards him.

The thing is I have no intentions of starting a friends with benefits scenario, regardless of any physical attraction we may have and I'm afraid that's what he's probably hinting towards.