My Birthday & none of my friends care! . .

ukie-cutie

It's my 20th Birthday today. And to my surprise none of my friends gave a sh*t about it. I told one of my girlfriends that it was my Birthday a few days before-hand & she disregarded it just like that. And I was the one at her 18th buying her drinks & taking care of her, & then when my time comes around she could care less. I have a hard time meeting friends due to people my age only wanting to drink every weekend. I'm not like that. I would much rather go to a movie, or do something that would stimulate my mind. I feel the only time people come to me is when they need advice to a problem, or need a "party partner." I'm not into that scene like I used to be, & because of that I think this is why they didn't give much thought to my big day. It hurt terribly. I spent my Birthday with my family, inwhich I love to death, but sometimes you need a friend. I feel like I have no true friends though, which at times makes life hard. Has anyone ever had the same problem as I am having? Am I being used? It's hard to trust the human race these days, I come across more & more fake people each day. :(

kellydontwanttasleep

happy birthday :D my family always make a big deal out of our birthdays. i hope the new year brings you special friends :D

red-rose-in-winter

:) Hope you had a great birthday!!! :)

I'm sorry that none of your friends remembered your birthday. They could have at least called you up and wished you a Happy Birthday (that takes like 2 seconds out of their time!!!) :rolleyes:

But you are not alone in your situation. A similar thing happened to me this year on my birthday. My best friend (who I've known for 14 years) didn't even remember my birthday. The only reason she DID remember is another good friend of mine (who at least sent me an e-mail on my b-day) reminded her!!! My best friend called me up two days later and said, "Oh, by the way happy birthday." People can be so insensitive at times. But for HER birthday, another one of her good friends and I took my best friend out to eat. It wasn't much, but it's the thought that counts!!!

What I do when my friends forget is just brush it off and enjoy the day with the people who DO remember (like your family). I know it sucks when friends forget your birthday, but that's the way it goes sometimes!!!

That happens :( I usually remember the birthday of people, I write it down in my calender and call them or send them an email, but they often forget mine. Well, I congratulate once and then never again :) (Yes, it does hurt.... :mad: ) On the other hand, I think for some people their own birthday is not that importatn or they hate it, that´s why they don´t care a lot for other people´s birthday.

When I turned 30 this year, I ended up working..... (which sucked because I had to manage or what I call"glorfied babysitting" and the owner was in there and he did not even offer to buy me a drink.....(keep in mind I have seen upper management run up a $400.00 tab buying females drinks hoping to get lucky with them) I also saw another menber of upper management do shots from a $300.00 bottle of Jhonny Walker :confused: The shame ................... :confused::mad:

Johnny Walker kinda like Basel Hayden... Ment to sip not do shots of it!!!!

Cheer up!! It really hurts when people forget the birthday.... But I promise you that you have about 70 more to celebrate.......Things get better with time........

Some people are just really bad at remembering dates. I wouldn't take it too personally. I reminded my bf about my birthday the night before. The next morning when we got up I just kept staring at him waiting for a "Happy Birthday!" but he just left for work. He didn't remember until about four in the afternoon. It does make you feel kind of low, but try not to let bother you too much. :)

• Author

The sad part of the whole situation is I was talking to these friends, so they did no my Birthday was yesterday. They just didn't cared. I felt like they used me for free drinks on there own Birthday. And I did end up having a lovely day, besides my parents fighting right in-front of me. It just hurts, it seems when you get older . . Your friends end up not being the people who you thought you once knew.

Well Happy Birthday anyway. :).

If you feel like you can't rely on your friends when your birthday comes. Just spend the day spoiling yourself. That's the next best thing!

I am 37. I have found out that the older you get, the less likely it is for someone to recognize your birthday. Birthdays were a big deal when I

was a kid. My parents made me feel special. So as a young adult, I treated friends special on their birthdays but never or seldom received anything back.

I know most of my friends actually dread having a birthday, which is odd to me. They do not want to be reminded of aging. I on the other hand look

good for my age, lol. From now on, just get them a card or a token gift. Treat yourself special on your birthday every year. Go to a spa or buy yourself something you normally wouldn't. Don't make their problem your problem. Not being recognized on your birthday is part of the growing up process that sux, lol. Oh, and happy birthday. Maybe you can find some friends who DO celebrate.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

If you used to party with these people and now you don't but they continue to party, it usually is hard to work that out. You are very young.

If that is not the place for you, You have already changes your playground, I think you should change you playmates too.

I don't care how old you are, Your friends should call.

My friends ages are this 28, 34, 40, 43, 36, 42, 20, 23, 27.

Everyone one of them are important dates. To them and to me. We all need a little attention on our birthday. Even if is just a Happy Birthday.

At work, we have 5 people. On everyones birthday, we all chip in and get a cake for everyone. Just to say hey we care. We are all close, we have to be with only 5 people.

I am sorry that they couldn't have called you.... That is sad.