How should i deal with this situation?

Hello, before i begin explaining my situation. I wanna give you guys a little background on it. i am an international college student who lived in the U.S for approx. 10 years. In college i met a international friend who just came to the U.S and we became good friends. After my first semester ended, we had a 1 month break. Since we were international, we stayed on campus.

Here is situation, he has 3 other (african american) friends who are also staying. So we just all hang out in his apartment for the rest of the break. They all sleep there and we all eat together,etc. In the beginning, we all got along just fine, but as time progressed the three friends started to leave me out of their conversations and before long, they kept making nonstop jokes. Everything i say either gets ignored or they reply back at me in an uninterested manner. I became really conscious of this problem and started to barely talk. I even got somewhat depressed. So after a while, i decided not to be around them and i just went back to my dorm room and stayed there by myself. (We are all guys btw)

My friend's english isnt really strong, so he doesnt really see whats going on. They like him because they see him as that funny foreign guy and that he is letting them stay at his house. My friend is a cool guy, he knows i dont have a car and he calls me every few days and asks me to if he should pick me up and take me to his apartment. I keep coming up with excuses on why i cant go. This is the third time he called me and this time i told him that i am sick.

i dont want to keep coming up with excuses, how should i deal with this?

Thanks and sorry for the long read :D

I would go, be glad he's your friend and try to focus less on the others. He wants you around to hang out so there you go one likes to hang with you. As long as they aren't being outright rude or unpleasant leave them be I say.

• Like 1
Onethirtyeight
I would go, be glad he's your friend and try to focus less on the others. He wants you around to hang out so there you go one likes to hang with you. As long as they aren't being outright rude or unpleasant leave them be I say.

This.

If his friends don't like you and ignore you you can just ignore them. Its a two way street. As lame as this sounds you might also want to spend more time with him so the guys you don't like don't turn your friend against you.

Don't give up your territory to those 3 guys! They may just be using him. He may be sick of their nonsense and miss you. If possible, let him know you feel they don't like you and you feel out of place so he understands, but don't stop doing things with your true friend.