Should I bother?

justinewong

So recently I've posted a thread saying how I felt neglected because my best friend didn't spend as much time with me anymore. The neglection went as far as him "ditching me", "avoid me when my other friend died", and don't even contact me anymore.

Anyway, His gf just left and went on holiday. Now he's talking to me, and want to hang out. Should I even bother? I want to hang out, but I'm still angry, and I have lost nearly all my trust that I have for him.

• Author
You can, but just know when she comes back you are second best again. This sucks but it happens as we get older. Our friends get into committed relationships and we never see them again until they need our help or die. Don't ignore him out of jealousy though, you might find brief happiness in reconnecting.

I'll just ignore him. I can't stare at him without getting angry of how he treated me.

Do you think you'll regret it later if your friendship starts to crumble? If the answer is yes, go hang out with him and focus on how much you appreciate having him in your life instead of being angry. This is my advice without having read your other posts. It sucks to be second best, but would you rather not have him in your life at all anymore?