My best friend puts too much faith in boys she's not with more than 2 weeks.

My best friend is a little insecure when it comes to relationships with men. She says she doesn't trust anyone, but I've seen her put a lot of faith in her boyfriends-- which break her heart all the time. She flirts heavily, with every guy she's comes into contact with.

I'm worried about her. She's attempted suicide-- although I wonder if she did it for attention. She scares me when I talk to her and she's depressed. I don't know weither to slap her or hug her. It's selfish-- really. Because she only wants pity. I tell her she's my best friend and that she should stop it.

I'm tired of seeing her getting too involved in relationships that weren't meant to last, and getting hurt. She's getting a bad reputation too. She's better than that. How can I tell her to stop putting so much trust in boys so she doesn't get hurt?

remind her that even though she doesn't think so herself, she's incredibly special to a lot of people. and, at some point in her life, she's going to meet a man who will love her and cherish her.

most nearly every man or woman in a committed relationship will tell you that it was a long, bumpy journey in their quest to find the love they were meant to have, and when they discovered it, all the other BS they had to cope with -- all the hurt and pain of unrequited love -- amounts to nothing compared to what they have now.

so, keep telling your friend to not sell herself short