Alone all the time because I'm shy?

I'mLostInTheStars

I'mLostInTheStars

I come from a broken home. My mum has cancer and my dad gets stressed out about it. I used to get picked on because of this, so I like to keep quiet about things in case I get picked on again.

I'm shy and insecure. I heard one kid at school say 'That's the girl with the weird mum'. It sounds stupid, But I'm scared to stick up for myself. My only friend started doing drugs and having sex with different guys all the time.. And shes only 14. I'm 14 too. I have never gave into peer pressure. She said if I start smoking and having sex with people then I'd be able to 'hang with her'.

At break and lunch I sit on my own. I don't eat in school either because I can't eat in public. I have no confidence. I have friends outside of school, That's okay. But I need help on how to not be so shy? It's really difficult:mad::(

Thanks for reading.♥

We all have gone what you are going through now. Your 14 and keep away from the those bad kids because when you older you'll know why I said that. But right now just get your grades up and keep them up.

Study and do your work. What's going on at home is sad but you need to stay focus on you at school. Being cool like your friend there, really she's not so cool but that's all she knows how to do right now. When she gets older her life won't be so cool. So someone like you should stay clear away from her no matter how peer pressure gets you to do what she and the rest of the bad element their at that school is.

Also being shy is not a bad thing you'll grow out of it as you get older, 14, 15, 16 by this time you have a lot of better friends that you want to hang out with. At 17, 18 by this time you can choose where you want go if you heading for College etc. So stick it out best you can do for now. Again your not alone in this remember this.

• Like 1
ConfusedOne4

Ditto to what coolheadal said.

You're only 14 years old and you have your whole life ahead of you. Avoid those kids who are doing drugs and have sex. It isn't a good thing to do so young. I've seen what happens to people who start that at such a young age.

As for being shy, you'll grow out of it. I was really shy when I was younger and I'm 25 now. I'm really loud. I think once you find a good group of friends, you will open up and the shyness will go away.

Right now, you're in high school, I'm assuming. Focus on your grades. Do well in all your classes and go to college (if that is the path you want, I mean). You'll find people soon, but for now, all that matters is getting your education.

And, don't change yourself for anyone. Trust me, it isn't worth it. I tried changing myself for someone and it just made me miserable, since I couldn't be myself.

Be you, get your education, and everything else will fall into place in time.

Do you like sport at all? any particular one you are good at?

I found sport was the best leveller in social dynamics......I was tiny at fourteen for a guy, really shy and awkward and heavily bullied both at school and at home. Then I discovered soccer and while I wasnt great I persisted with it until I was "ok" - still not great but decent enough to play for local teams.

You know what? through sport I became widely known and no-one bullied me. The bullies who had beaten me up were now fighting anyone who tried to beat me up, and I made a lot of new friends through it, hung out with both the bad lads and the shy lads..........

its just an idea, same could be applied to music, or any other talent you might have........focus on it, get good at it and youll grow your self respect and respect from others will follow.

Aww, Sweetie...I'll be your friend.

Seriously... I know I am a stranger, but online friend buddy than no friend.

I will always listen, and respond.

It sucks to be alone... and to be bullied. I been there... and the internet was my only friend...