Would this really be so weird?

I moved to a new state several months ago and for reasons I don't feel like typing out/explaining I can't actively go out and make friends right now. And I've never been in this situation before (having to make friends in a new state). At first it wasn't so bad (I'm a natural loner), but now I'm reaching my wits end. I'm extremely lonely and desperate. It's bad. Anyway, would it really be so weird trying to meet new people through Facebook? I don't want to seem like a creep but I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Suggestions? Advice? I want to make friends so badly!

I moved from a big city with more stuff to do. It's seems like I never see people in my age group out in public.

I personally don't think you are going to have luck meeting anyone on Facebook. If you are really looking for a site I would try a friend meeting site that is specific to finding friends.

I think you need to step outside the box here and start to actively search for friends like sign up for a gym, take a class at the gym, take a class at a community college and join a club, and etc.

Even if you meet a friend that is younger or older they may have friends that are closer to your age!

• Author

Yeah, that's the thing. I can't "actively" look for friends anytime soon. Any efforts would just be futile right now but I do plan on it in the future. Thank you!

I also dont think facebook is a good idea. I moved to texas back in 2008 and i am happy to say that i have many good friends down here now. All i did was just go out to lunch or dinner every once in a while and i would just meet people. I understand you are a loner so i dont know how easy it would be for you, but im kind of talkative. But.if you want to make friends you need to go out and meet them. Be confident in yourself. i like to drink socially so i would go out for drinks during happy hours too.