@ women - a female's male friends

darkmoon

I have had to decide to cut ties with my male friends, I grew tired of editing how okay I could look, it was living a lie

I do not always leave the house dressed up, too busy, not vain, but not wearing my customary push-up bra, not having my hair done grew phoney

women/girls, do you also edit yourself when around platonic male friends to look less hot?

or is it just me?

Edited by darkmoon
I have had to decide to cut ties with my male friends, I grew tired of editing how okay I could look, it was living a lie

I do not always leave the house dressed up, too busy, not vain, but not wearing my customary push-up bra, not having my hair done grew phoney

women/girls, do you also edit yourself when around platonic male friends to look less hot?

or is it just me?

I don't know about everyone else, but I have NEVER tried to look less hot for my platonic male friends. What sense does that make?

I don't always necessarily dress up, but I don't NOT dress up for their sake. I meet them exactly as I would meet anyone else.

Why would you do that to yourself and then have to cut ties with your friends?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't know about everyone else, but I have NEVER tried to look less hot for my platonic male friends. What sense does that make?

I don't always necessarily dress up, but I don't NOT dress up for their sake. I meet them exactly as I would meet anyone else.

Why would you do that to yourself and then have to cut ties with your friends?!?!?

because it is deceitful to pretend that I have no sex life elsewhere

do you have a sex life? or want one? :)

• Author
Sounds like you were never really friends with these guys.

I just found myself pretending to be someone i'm not, sitting thru the MTV music channel, supposed to be enjoying the songs, but knowing that the dancers were turning him on, and me too, a sham, a polite sham, he used to have a girlfriend, I was a chum only, then he became single...

I used to see my friendships as mini-marriages, serious things, still do, I had a sham marriage, if only a mini-marriage, but a sham, living a lie, still am with one of them, pretending, hiding evidence of my life away, sexy books

nor was the severance a rejection of him, I said something that I knew would make him go off me, I wanted to not hurt his feelings, he dumped me

Edited by darkmoon
  • Like 1
because it is deceitful to pretend that I have no sex life elsewhere

do you have a sex life? or want one? :)

I don't understand... why do you have to pretend you don't have a sex life?

I have a sex life and I discuss it freely with my male friends, if the topic comes up.

I'm 30. I'm done pretending to be anything other than what I am. I don't hide who I am from my friends. Nor do I expect them to hide who they are for my sake.

I honestly do not understand where you're coming from...