Why doesn't anyone want to talk to me?

samsungxoxo

Besides my ex bf (J) or my family, I hardly ever go out with friends. I'm now a 26 year-old woman and have been struggling with that for years ever since I was a kid.

It's like I say one thing and they either become more distant, ignored me or hardly ever contact me. Ironically, though I have trouble forming friendships, I would have no trouble finding a date nor relationship if I was looking for one. What I can't find is a best friend(s). Sometimes I still have trouble carrying long conversation unless it's with J or my family members.

Without knowing you, it's hard to pinpoint why people wont talk to you, or why you can't find a best friend. I do know that sometimes, some individuals are extremely unfortunate and just so happens to always be around the "wrong" kind of people. As in people that don't understand you, can't relate to you or perhaps just don't care to make an effort.

To some degree it depends on the culture of where you live, even though I do not like to generalize, the society that is around us does have an impact on how we "all" behave.

Perhaps you are also just looking the wrong places. I've always met people I liked through passions and interests of mine, so you should try look at what you enjoy doing in life, and explore all related to it. Maybe you love a sport, workout, etc.

While I can't speak for others nor do I expect anyone to behave like myself, I always am always genuinely interested in what my friends/family have to say, and they always have my attention when they speak. You can always sense when someone cares about what you have to say, at least I believe so.

Anyway hope you get your mind thinking about your possibilities, you never know where you will meet someone or something whom will enrich your life greatly.

Best of luck :)

I always found you interesting samsung. But you do have some unique viewpoints and reactions to stuff, and being unique like that can make people nervous sometimes. :o Not really knowing how to respond. I know, I'm like that and I have a hard time finding people I really click with. Can count the people I talk to on a monthly basis on one hand.

I bet your bad luck streak will end soon and you'll find someone new you click with.

It could be anything. Are you making an effort to get involved?

I am sort of in a rut myself. Many of my friends are in other cities now and we are all spread out. The friends I meet in grad school are okay, but none of them have been particularly great. As with most things in life, this too will pass. Nothing lasts forever and ever.