Rejected by a close friend, but given mixed signals, how to react

Hi all. As you can probably tell, I registered here on LoveShack to share my situation. I've always appreciated the feedback put forth by others, so I'm really hoping that someone is able to share their thoughts with me regarding my personal issue.

Long story short, I met this girl through work a couple of years ago. At the time she had a boyfriend. I still became close friends with this girl, and all was good. Back in spring, her boyfriend left her after 3+ years.

Almost immediately we became close. She kissed me (be it after drinking), wanted to make out (drinking, same night), frequently hooked arms with me while walking around, cuddled up in the theatre, sudden need to have pictures together, cuddled overnight, etc, etc, etc... I even got her clothes off in my bed, but we didn't have sex.

After being distanced for a couple months (study abroad), I recently invited her on a trip. It was just the two of us. Throughout the entire trip (which I paid for) she was short and distant. I would hook arms with her, and she would say she isn't a touchy person and that I can let go of her. Keep in mind she initiated this all the time just a couple of months ago. She in essence shot me down with everything I tried. She later flirted and danced with another guy while I stood by and watched. I got mad and left. She was very intoxicated, but still. Later on we got into a fight, and I told her how I feel. She said something along the lines of "maybe I don't want to be with you." I strongly believe she knew how I felt about her beforehand. She also mentions my friends all the time in terms of her and them. It infuriates me.

I sent her a message the next day, and she turned it on me.

I guess what I'm looking for is any thoughts, suggested actions, etc... Do I have a right to be mad? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by timg41

Sounds like she took advantage of you. It's not normal for a woman to go on a trip alone with a man, allow him to pay for everything, then flirt with other men. It's selfish. She's not worth bothering with.

Sounds like the situation I am dealing with....

And I agree, I think it's just selfishness. She wants her cake and to eat it too. She wants all the benefits of you while also being able to pursue her own agenda.

todreaminblue

I cant understand her motivation to go on a trip with you and act the way she did...i dont understand it, because i wouldnt do it......she seems to have an agenda....and people who have agendas with peoples hearts annoy me......seems maybe like revenge...dont know .....too obscure for me.....

i have always felt if someone or a person you like consistently makes you feel bad or insecure and uncertain therefore sends you seeking advice forom others, then you distance yrouself from that person, if they confuse you, ignore you, treat you like a non entity ever.....dont hang around them avoid as much as possible...the human heart was never made to feel worthless or none existent and inconsequential, your heart and feelings matter....so look after that heart and nurture friendships and relationships with people who are open and have no hidden agendas that confuse you then ...it makes it easier to deal with friends and others who have issues you are not comfortable with....find supportive relationships that are mutually equal and positive...and know the difference between the two...............hugs....good luck...deb