The perfect opportunity down the drain

encryptedsignal

encryptedsignal

I'm 25, been single for the past 2 months and I have had no luck with women. The rejections, the shyness, the shut down responses.

I recently went to my hometown for a vacation and saw my friends and family, I got a little too crazy when I got there. Got drunk too fast then freaked out but everyone just said hey your just bottling up frustration- they love me no matter what.

After a couple days I head to a nearby town I used to live in and a Girl I've known since I was ten came and picked me up right when I got in town. Our scottish Moms were good friends. Shes hot, 27 and single. We went swimming at her apartment and she had me in her own place to chill and watch a Movie. She sat on the floor in a tank top right next to me on the couch and shared yogurt and apple slices together. I wanted to touch her so bad, massage her, kiss her on the cheek, anything. But I stalled, joked around with her and talked. She ended up at the other side of the couch and then an hour into the Movie she got up and went to bed and I slept on the couch.

In the morning she made me an omelet, we worked out at the gym then went downtown and had lunch with her sister. I felt fuzzy brained, frustrated and not very exciting. But it went well, and I kept my chin up. We have texted a few times since and on my trip home she sent me a pic of some Ice cream she said made her think of me. I feel like she wanted me to make a move on her and now I have made myself look insecure.

I'm a good looking guy, but my swag is completely gone now. I feel like a car with no motor, and the ability for me to captivate women is no longer there; once I start talking (If i even do). Its the biggest suction of self-esteem I've ever experienced. It is affecting all of my relationships with friends, family and women and I'm lost.

Edited by encryptedsignal

As a girl I can give you my perspective. I wouldn't want a guy to massage me, or in anyway try to physically put the moves on me unless we actually agreed to date. If a guy friend I was really comfortable with all of a sudden started physically touching me in a romantic way without some sort of agreement between the two of us, then I would be totally put off.

Hey, I could be totally wrong. She MIGHT have wanted you to put the moves on her and had a fun night; but usually if a girl wants that to happen, she'll give a couple of moves of her own even if it's just heavy flirting.

In my opinion, I think you saved yourself a relationship from going downhill.

Now, though, I think you should just call her and ask if she wants to go out on a date. Be clear that it's a date but don't make too big a deal about it. If you are confident she might feel secure in accepting, if you make too big a deal over it, then she'll feel like it'll probably go badly and she'll lose a friend.

If you don't have swag, then don't try to manufacture it, thing's will just end badly.

2 months isn't a horribly long time to be single. Don't stress yourself about it.

Keep on texting her and build to a date when you can go back to your hometown.