Don't know really

sammyjay

I'm pretty socially inept, so I'm not sure what to do, or if it's just me.

Here is the problem.

There is a girl that I am friends with, we are on class council at school together, she is the president, I am one of the VP's. We have Presidency meetings and Council meetings every Wednesday. I feel like know that she is president and i'm a vp she is trying to make sure that I know who the boss is, like she is trying to assert herself as the alpha dog per say. Last year she was a vp and I was the council secretary, there weren't any problems last year.

Some examples of what I mean are; She will ask for my opinion/advice, I'll give it and she'll say something like "no, we'll do what I said instead" or "I don't think that's right but We'll ask our advisor, and then they ask him, he says the same thing I said, and then they are okay with it."

The other vp and the secretary are also female. So I'm the only guy.

I actually talked to the secretary and asked her if she feels like she has a voice, and she said not really but we can't say anything.

Also when we move on to our council meetings with the other council members, I feel like an idiot half the time because my friend and the other vp kind of team up, and anything they say goes and what I say is dumb.

Any advice or opinions on the matter would be very appreciated, I'm sitting here depressed, because they are having a party at my friends house, and I am missing out because I don't want to get there and feel like a nothing.