The frustration continues...

ConfusedOne4

ConfusedOne4

So, for those of you who have seen my previous posts, you already know the story about my ex-best friend.

It's been over 7 months since we've talked without fighting and 2 months without even the fighting.

Here is where the frustration is...

I went to an event that he was also attending. I brought my good friend with me for company (and she gave me the confidence to stay there and be okay that he is there too. And I made sure I didn't look at him at all [for the most part]). According to my friend, he pretty much stared at me all night (so much it creeped her out). She said he also always within a few feet of us, no matter where we moved, he would reappear a few minutes later next to us talking to a group of people.

Then he had to give out ballots for a mock election, and he stands literally in front of me to announce it. But, he just stood there and wouldn't give me the paper (I wasn't looking at him, I looked to the side at my friend and ignored his presence). His good friend had to come up beside him and take the paper to give it to me.

His good friends are also being really nice to me now. Before they used to ignore me. One even came up to me and hugged me and cheek-to-cheek kissed me (if you get what I mean by that). --> I figured they are more mature and figured enough time has passed that they could be nice to me again.

I tried messaging him on facebook and asked him if we could be civil with each other since we're going to have 3 classes together (I don't take this as a coincidence, since I signed up for classes before him...I get 1 or 2 classes, but 3 out of 5 of my classes is a bit much). He didn't reply.

I still like and care about him a lot. I don't think that is going to change, but after him not replying to that message, I know I've done absolutely everything I could do, besides cornering him and forcing him to talk to me (which I don't think I have the guts to do, nor do I feel like doing).

So my question really is, how should I take the staring? I figured he is starting to regret what happened and is too much of a punk to talk to me and has too much of an ego to respond when I reach out.

So my question really is, how should I take the staring?

You've pretty much come to terms with the friendship being over, right? So he stared and it was weird. Try not to pick it apart. What he does shouldn't matter to you anymore. Don't let this be a source of frustration.

Since you're going to see him around eventually, try to be over it at least enough to be in the same room with him. Making a point of not looking at him is probably going to make things more awkward than they need to be. Hopefully soon, you'll be in a place where you can stare right through him when you see him, and just wave and say hello and then go about your business, not giving him another thought. Wouldn't that be nice? Aim for that.

• Author
ConfusedOne4

I'm going to try that. And crazy thing he actually finally replied today to my message to him about asking to be civil. He said no. And wanted to know how I knew we had 3 classes together. (It was because he was posting on facebook for books and for one class the professor emailed all of us and I saw him on the list).

So, I said my peace to that and apologized for any cruel comments I made in the past and for the comments that "compared" him to his brother (you'd have to skim through my previous posts, I don't want to rehash it for my sanity) and said good luck and goodbye.

Now to going back to trying to move on and trying to be happy again, since I haven't been truly happy since my friendship with him ended (he was a big part of my life for like 18 months).

Edited by ConfusedOne4
  • Like 1
  • Author
ConfusedOne4

Does anyone else have any other input?

I'm trying to move on, but I'm still completely distracted by everything.

• Author
ConfusedOne4

So, a few new things happened since. Any input?

(1) He deleted me from a fb group for a professional group and changed it to admin approval to add people. So, now none of my friends can add me back. And I'm a paid member.

(2) He was caught staring at me again. This time on camera. We were all walking down a street canvassing for a politician and one of the people took took a picture. We were all looking straight ahead except him. He was looking diagonally from his side towards my side.

----

Also, someone from the group mentioned how he goes to the same school as me. I was just like I know and said bye to everyone and walked away. I have no clue what his facial reaction was, but I know I'm not supposed to care, so I'm trying not to.

So, yeah. Any input on this? Or should I just ignore him and let me act the way he wants.