Girlfriend hanging out with my best friend.

audiojunky

My girlfriend just moved to a new city and I won't be there for another week or so. I told my best friend to let her know about any parties or things like that so she could go hang out with someone and meet some people. Lately they have hung out a few times. Last night she told me on the phone that she suspected that I didn't feel comfortable about them two hanging out so much. She kept asking me why I felt so uncomfortable and then inserted the words into my mouth, "because you own your friends?" I told her that due to a negative experience where a best friend became too good of friends with my ex gf that it practically ruined the relationship. She responded by saying that she is not that girl.. but I had to explain why I would have such feelings about something like this. She told me that she wouldn't care if I hung out with her good friends. She seems to talk about all of this stuff in an argumentive way with me which kind of upsets me.

I don't mind that she is becoming friends with my good friend but I kind of feel like there should be some limitations to how good a friend a girlfriend should be with my best friends. I also don't want her to give up on making her own friends since she is in a new city. I have been the middle-man before in a situation that was horrible in my past and I'm prepared this time to put in a word to both girlfriend and friend this time to set those limitations and not let things get too uncomfortable for me.

I'm sure everyone has some similar situations? how do you handle them?

i think what you say is true there have to be like a limitation of that and

you should tell her that because that is how you feel and if you live her and if you what your relationship to be good a long you should always say what you feel.

snickerdoodles86

[font=arial][/font] To add to what Daisy said, I think if your girlfriend was really respecting of you, she would lay off just a bit. I'm not saying that she shouldn't be haning out with other people but I can understand where your coming from I kinda had a similar situation happen to me but flipped my boyfriend became good friends with my friend and I was worried and didn't want to seem like the jealouse girlfriend type but he ended up cheating on me. So I ended up hurt and angry at him and at myself for not following my own intuition. Hope that helps ya some.

• 3 months later...

If you are in a commited relationship with this girl and you trust her and your friend, you would not be feeling this way. Do you not fully trust her or your friend?

I have had a similar situation and I eventually figured out that I didn't trust either of them. My best friend of over 10 years broke up with her kids father and went through some hard times. When her ex married some other chic and moved accros the US with her and their kids, I think my friend changed a lot. I think that now this has all happened to her- that she would actually f*!k me over with my boyfriend! As far as my boyfriend- I know I should let him go because I know I wouldn't ever marry him just because he will deny something even if I flat out catch him in the act. I think that they have talked and maybe more with out me knowing about it. This may sound silly but I don't want to let him go yet because I shouldn't have to let her ruin my happiness because she is POSSIBLY jealous.