My friends, new city and an ex

jasper2013

I am unsure of how to tell my friends I am moving. My friends live in city A, where I and my ex-gf used to live. At the the break up (4 months ago) I returned home (city B) to get sorted and my ex did the same (city C).

I have lived in City C before and loved it. I have decided to return for various reasons varying from more financial stability, weather, lifestyle, etc. it's a great place. I'm kind if shy to tell my friends what I plan on doing because I am sure they will question my motives/think I'm a weirdo. I know I shouldn't care what others think but they're my friends and I sort of do. I'm leaving in a week; how and when should I tell them?

• Author

I would love to have them out there for a visit and I'm sure some will come one day. Unfortunately, city C is on the other side of the country.

tell them what you wrote here, that you like the place

if you are scared of being teased, just shrug when/if they start

ask them to visit they will see you enjoying your new life

Edited by darkmoon

I just went through something similar. I just had to not care what my friends thought. One friend did question my motives and accused me of something. We aren't friends now.

Tell your friends and try not to focus on what they think. You have to live your life for you.