A friend to all is a friend to no one: Truth?

wittybiceps

wittybiceps

I have a friend I met, online, about four months ago. For the most part, early on, I felt satisfied with the friendship and felt like she genuinely considered me a friend. The medium we met through is a video game streaming circle, so being friendly with everyone is semi important to getting people to watch her channel. I've been supporting her stream for four months, I've donated money several times, gifted her games to play on her channel, I admin her channel, I manage her webpage, and I'd like to think I entertain her most of the time.

Sometimes, especially lately, I feel unappreciated. She has two other friends, brothers, who she's known for a few years, but only online. They always seem to get the genuine article; the enthusiasm, the friendliness, etc. It's the small things that get me paranoid though. She'll pass over my comments, she'll ignore me on Skype, she never starts text convos anymore. I feel like I've become just another face in the crowd, which is painful because to me she's actually a friend. I've asked her about it recently and she just brushed it off as me being paranoid. I'm afraid of losing her if I keep asking. I'm easily replaceable, she's not :(.

I guess I just wanted to vent my frustration and ask anyone's opinion/advice. I don't expect a response though

she wants to go with the men cuz she fancies one/two of them, and sees you as competition, I do not see any other reason, do not let it bring you down if she now seeks a relationship

I think that all the things you did for her, how you list them, looks like this was only one-way traffic, prhaps next time you make new friend you will let them do something for you, take turns in the niceness, you do one thing and she does one back and then it's your turn again...

I too was thrown into this one-way pattern, okay, I liked her, but I wish I just pulled out

Edited by darkmoon