why do people back stab and why are people nosy

Well today,I was working and was a rough day.Yesterday,I was told if I had the extra time to stay and make more salads.So I had a little extra time,so I stayed and made more.But it got close to 1p.m. and I wasnt suppose to be there that long.Now,today I overheard the manager,the one I dont like, talking about me,I could tell cause she was looking over at me and by the way it sounded like the discussion was about me.One time she was talking about me and as soon as I walked in her direction,she got quiet really quick.She probably thought I didnt hear it.

To the people she likes,she is really nice to.

Another thing is,I always go in to work,no matter how sick I am.Cause one time,I had to take a day off for a doctors appointment cause it was the only one,I could get and she was being nosy and was asking me if I was sick.

This year I'm not taking a vacation.The only reason why is last year,she was complaining that she had to do my work,while I was on vacation.Im always afraid of what shes going to think about me or say about me.

One thing that scares me is,she tries to get me in trouble at work.The thing she did with the salad dressings after the labels were removed to cause more confusion.One time she said to this other manager "to make sure,I punch out".Thats weird that she would say that cause I always punch out.Im just frustrated and nervous around her cause she always has this weird look on her face,like Im doing something wrong.I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong.I dont think she needs to be that close to me all the time.Alot of the time,I try to smile and just ignore her but sometimes I just get annoyed cause I cant figure out what she wants.When I smile and ignore her she gets even more mad.

One time I said something but she found out that I said something and was trying to start an argument with me.Thats the reason,I dont say anything to a manager about it cause she will find out and ask why I said something.

Patty

reasontosigh

Ugh, that all sounds so horrible. I wouldn't know where to start with that one.

I'm in a similar (of sorts) situation where I'm currently working. All I can say is that if I had the answer to the question posted in the topic line I probably wouldn't be out looking for another job myself right now! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

people are nosy because they don't have nothing better to to their live is not going well so they want your live to be like their, they back stab and then act nice in your faces because some of then are just jealous and feel bad about then self so they have to take it on with others people lives

It's a damn shame you have to deal w/ such an immature manager. You said that you have other managers- have you spoken to them about this? If ou had a doctor's note she IS NOT allowed to invade your privacy by asking why you went. Furthermore -If you want to take a vacation Go- don't let this miserable little woman start interfering w/your life outside of work. It's bad enough you have to put up w/her there. She prob more than anything justifies your need of a vacation.

I think it would be best to address your concerns to another manager. You are not in a healthy working environment if you believe that one of your superiors dislikes you, and is actively attempting to cause problems for you in the work place.

Do not worry about what she will ask you, as information you report to anyone else in the company is confidential. How can you best serve the organization you work for if you are in an unhappy and stressful environment?

wow, its crazy how similar our situations are. and just the other day, this so called friend i have, IMed me and waslike 'hey i need to talk to you'.(because i have totally been ignoring her and talking about her lol) its unbelievable how its okay they do it and you say one thing about them that isnt even half as bad as what they say, and youre getting yelled at for it, huh? id say, avoid her. i jsut got out of school for the summer and she has been calling everyday, andi have just been leting all of my the calls go to the answering machine. i have just been avoiding her and guess what, i havent had to talk to her and listen to her talk about people for a month now!!! wooo

so heres my advice, try to avoid her, act like you are in a bad mood and just dont want to talk at work. dont call her, dont let her call you. soon, her life will start revolving around somebody elses actions and youre home free baby!!!

<3

Patty, I think the only way you can improve your relationship with your boss is to talk to her. Ask her if she has any ideas on how you can improve your work. See if you can talk openly with her. If you can't do this and she's your boss and the situation is intolerable, then start looking for a job elsewhere if you don't feel comfortable talking to the managers.

Patty,

I agree w/ talking to her.asking her. Sometimes I feel like something I did or am doing is bothering my boss - I catch him off-guard and just ask. He seems completely dumbfounded- and then I realize he just has other mess on his mind.

Remember that it seems what's bothering you so much is not what this lady is doing but your perceptions of what she is doing/thinking. If you don't pay much attention to her or wonder what she's saying/thinking- then it won't bother you. People are always going ot be gossipy/nosy in the workplace - it's probably best not to know what is said. Noone can be all things to everyone. Again, you're assuming she's saying bad things about you- she could just be commenting on the day's activities w/ you, etc.

Or she could just be a total B**ch. Either way, you allow her to bother you- just shrug it off and give her a smile when she's sneaking around- maybe she senses your uncomfortable around her and that makes her nervous/curious why? Just remember you don't have to sneak around plants or mess with dressings!

As to the punch out comment, that sounds like typical talk - maybe she just wanted to give order/instruction to the other person- not a reflection on you.

What about a different job? I know you've complained for awhile about the poeple there. Is there any place in the immediate vicinity you'd be interested in?

Wouldn't hurt to trying talking - ask her if your work performance is bothering her - if she says no, just smile and say you're glad to hear that or if she does list some things, it gives you an opportunity to refute them. my guess is she has no complaints otherwise they would have been brought to you. You've been there years haven't you? I think just approaching her and talking to her more, might help the situation- if you;re really concerned about getting along w/ her. Again, the sneaking around may be b/c she's curious about you (persoal life, etc)- talking to her more may alleviate this desire.